Noble 5C VS 1964 V8
Mar 15, 2015 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

iranintoavan

Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm looking for my first pair of CIEMs. I normally listen to lots of electronic music and enjoy a good low end mixed with smooth non sibilant highs. I currently have a pair of HD650s that fill that role (although I would like some more low end from them).

The two I'm looking at are the Noble 5C and the 1964 V8 and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts or comparisons between the two.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 6
I am not familiar with the Noble 5C, but in Noble's literature, it is supposed to be somewhat based on their 8 driver unit the 8C - now this is strikingly similar to the way the Heir Audio (Wizard's old company) 5.0 and 8A are described - the 5.0 derived from the 8A - saying that, I own the 8A & the 1964 Ears V8 - the 8A is thicker and lusher than the V8, but they are both smooth - the V8 a bit less colored. They both have decent soundstage and copious bass that doesn't mess with other frequencies. They both are detailed without grinding into your brain - no sibilance, no etch, no grain. The V8 has a nimbler bass.

Also, you have to take in consideration that the 5C is using one large BA for bass, while the V8 is using 4 vented BA drivers. Since there isn't that much on the 5C on the threads - I would tell you to look up impressions on the Heir 5.0 - but that might get you nowhere as they might be hard to find as well....

I happen to enjoy both my 8A and V8

Mar 16, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #3 of 6
I am not familiar with the Noble 5C, but in Noble's literature, it is supposed to be somewhat based on their 8 driver unit the 8C - now this is strikingly similar to the way the Heir Audio (Wizard's old company) 5.0 and 8A are described - the 5.0 derived from the 8A - saying that, I own the 8A & the 1964 Ears V8 - the 8A is thicker and lusher than the V8, but they are both smooth - the V8 a bit less colored. They both have decent soundstage and copious bass that doesn't mess with other frequencies. They both are detailed without grinding into your brain - no sibilance, no etch, no grain. The V8 has a nimbler bass.

Also, you have to take in consideration that the 5C is using one large BA for bass, while the V8 is using 4 vented BA drivers. Since there isn't that much on the 5C on the threads - I would tell you to look up impressions on the Heir 5.0 - but that might get you nowhere as they might be hard to find as well....

I happen to enjoy both my 8A and V8

Awesome, thanks for the detailed post. I'm leaning towards the V8, mostly because there is more information on it. I'm sure I would be happy with either pair though. I used to have the HE-400 and enjoyed the bass on it but I hated how sharp and tiring the highs were on it. I just got tired of listening after a while. That caused me to go the opposite direction and get the HD650s which are rolled off and smooth highs. I prefer the latter so it's good to hear both are similar in that regard.

Thanks for the info! I'm sure I'll be blown away by either of them though!

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #4 of 6
Awesome, thanks for the detailed post. I'm leaning towards the V8, mostly because there is more information on it. I'm sure I would be happy with either pair though. I used to have the HE-400 and enjoyed the bass on it but I hated how sharp and tiring the highs were on it. I just got tired of listening after a while. That caused me to go the opposite direction and get the HD650s which are rolled off and smooth highs. I prefer the latter so it's good to hear both are similar in that regard.

Thanks for the info! I'm sure I'll be blown away by either of them though!

Either one will be a superior headphone - neither is fatiguing - which for me is a prerequisite as I like to listen at higher volumes - sharp treble doesn't mix with decibels. 

What country are you ordering from? If you are in the states, the fact that 1964 is in Oregon could also be a consideration....

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #5 of 6
Either one will be a superior headphone - neither is fatiguing - which for me is a prerequisite as I like to listen at higher volumes - sharp treble doesn't mix with decibels. 

What country are you ordering from? If you are in the states, the fact that 1964 is in Oregon could also be a consideration....

Awesome. Glad to hear they aren't fatiguing. I'm from the U.S. so that would be good since I probably wouldn't have any taxes or import fees. Have you ever heard the HD650 to compare the V8 too?

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 6
Awesome. Glad to hear they aren't fatiguing. I'm from the U.S. so that would be good since I probably wouldn't have any taxes or import fees. Have you ever heard the HD650 to compare the V8 too?

I'm not a full size headphone guy - One day I may try a pair - but I need isolation at this point when I am at home - and am having a hell of a time enjoying my IEMs 
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back