Noble 4 Impressions Thread
May 1, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #46 of 182
Thank you so much for this comparison, I've been looking in the net for the last week or so for a comparison between these two and I could find nothing.

I really wanted the fit ear but found it quite hard to find in stock. I stumbled across the Noble 4 thread by accident when looking into getting some heir 4ai. Anyway to cut a long story short I have pulled the trigger on the Noble4 and should get it next week. I'm coming from the Grado gr10 and Ortofon eq5 , I was looking for something a little thicker but without any midbass hump. I tried the stagediver 2 but found they had too much midbass, although the other frequencies were excellent as well as the soundstage and imaging. But alas the curse of the midbass hump. I hope the N4 is the answer. I'll post my impressions once I receive them. I'd still love to try the fitear though.

You will enjoy the Noble 4 Very much i am sure. 

Since posting the above i have played around a little more with tips and tried a couple of different sources as well. I still think the Fitear is fractionally more detailed but overall i am enjoying the N4 more as it presents most music in a more enjoyable way.

I have no experience with Grados so can't comment on comparative sound.  If you want something essentially neutral, detailed and smooth with a bit of sparkle the N4 will go down a treat.

May 1, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #47 of 182
You will enjoy the Noble 4 Very much i am sure. 

Since posting the above i have played around a little more with tips and tried a couple of different sources as well. I still think the Fitear is fractionally more detailed but overall i am enjoying the N4 
more as it presents most music in a more enjoyable way.

I have no experience with Grados so can't comment on comparative sound.  If you want something essentially neutral, detailed and smooth with a bit of sparkle the N4 will go down a treat.

Great that's reassuring , if it is fairly neutral , but enjoyable with a decent soundstage and imaging, I'm sure I will enjoy it. I've struggled so far with multi armature IEMs , Ive briefly owned the sm3, westone 4 and sure se530 and found them all a bit lifeless and boring. I'm still very curious about the fitear, if you decide to sell it at any point please send me a PM.

May 1, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #48 of 182
Thank you so much for this comparison, I've been looking in the net for the last week or so for a comparison between these two and I could find nothing.

I really wanted the fit ear but found it quite hard to find in stock. I stumbled across the Noble 4 thread by accident when looking into getting some heir 4ai. Anyway to cut a long story short I have pulled the trigger on the Noble4 and should get it next week. I'm coming from  Ortofon eq5 , I was looking for something a little thicker but without any midbass hump. I tried the stagediver 2 but found they had too much midbass, although the other frequencies were excellent as well as the soundstage and imaging. But alas the curse of the midbass hump. I hope the N4 is the answer. I'll post my impressions once I receive them. I'd still love to try the fitear though.

really curious how they sound compared to the eq5 - as i have them and i am thinking of going up to the N4

May 1, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #50 of 182
Well, last year the bf discount was 20% but I have no idea if it will be the same this bf coz last year it was pretty much a pre-order 

May 2, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #51 of 182
really curious how they sound compared to the eq5 - as i have them and i am thinking of going up to the N4

Well I have the EQ5, and find it a remarkable iem for the price. I'll be sure to post my impressions of the noble 4 with some comparison to the eq5

May 2, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #53 of 182
Well, last year the bf discount was 20% but I have no idea if it will be the same this bf coz last year it was pretty much a pre-order 

Not really, a pre-order is when a mfg sells a product it doesn't have, uses ur money to purchase parts, and let's the customers sweat out a long wait period... & apparently, the delivery date is an unknown.... Kind of like playing the lottery

Noble had 99% of the parts in hand when we offered the bf sale and all the parts were paid for

Best of all, we met our shipping dead line as well

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 2, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #54 of 182
Not really, a pre-order is when a mfg sells a product it doesn't have, uses ur money to purchase parts, and let's the customers sweat out a long wait period... & apparently, the delivery date is an unknown.... Kind of like playing the lottery

Noble had 99% of the parts in hand when we offered the bf sale and all the parts were paid for

Best of all, we met our shipping dead line as well

Well, a pre-order is not just backing up a kickstarter project that will be released at some point in the future. A pre-order is placing an order for a product that isn't currently availabale on the market - it might be released in a week it might be released in a couple of years. In addition with pre-orders you usually get a discount as an incentive from the manufacturer/seller for your blind thrust in his product. Not that it matters now but it felt a bit like a pre-order to me 
tongue_smile.gif

May 2, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #55 of 182
Historically speaking, Noble has never done a pre order

When we opened for ciems there was no pre order period, when the launch of two new products, the PR & FR, there was no pre order as well.

I will not say Noble will never have a pre order, but at this point in time we don't want to engage in this type of practice

You may have interpreted the bf sale as a pre order, but it wasn't our intention, the timing of the launch and b Friday just fell together

If we could have launched before b Friday, we would have but as it was.... It was an extremely tight schedule to meet, every hr was accounted for in order to meet the dead lines.

It was a small miracle that shipping was stable for us, as that was all during the Holliday's

I was very anxious as I feared shipping would not be stable, it could have been a

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #56 of 182
Well, I know it was a bf discount but just the way all things came together felt a bit like a pre-order to me even if it was all a coincidence caused by the tight schedule. I personally think it doesn't really matter how you call it - people got great products at great prices - that's enough for me. 
beerchug.gif

May 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #57 of 182
I am going to pull the trigger on the Noble 4 today!
L3000.gif

Thanks to all here and on all Noble boards for the reviews and guidence!
This will be my first high end earphone, and I am very excited.
I am using Iphone 5 earbuds now. The sound differnce will be colossal I'm sure.
My musical preferences include Alt.Folk, Alt Rock, Alt. Country, Jam Bands like Phish and The Dead, Rock, some Jazz,once a blue moon I will listen to Classical or Opera.
I owned nice speakers from Vapor Audio(Breeze), but sold them to buy much less expensive floor standers and subwoofer that I use mostly for home theater. I found that I prefer headphones for listening to music.
Todd

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #58 of 182
Jun 13, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #59 of 182
Jun 15, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #60 of 182
Many thanks to all of you for your reviews and feedback about the Noble 4. You have definitely peeked my interest in the Noble 4. For portable use I use a Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC/AMP, a laptop (at work) or Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or Apple iPhone 4s with either Sony MDR-1RBT (wired), HifiMan RE-400, Thinksound TS-02 or Audeze LCD-2 (rarely as a portable option due to size) headphones. To me, the LCD-2 destroys the other 3, considerably. I'm looking for something that may approach the LCD-2, but more portable. However, I'd like to limit the expenditure to below $500. Again, many thanks to all for your reviews and feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back