Noble 4 Impressions Thread
Apr 8, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #31 of 182
  Hi Marc0, been interersted in Noble's line of product  especially the 4, do you have any comparison with any other 4 driver iem's such as the Heir 4 ai, Westone 4 or ue900?

Unfortunately, the Noble 4 is the only 4-BA IEM i've heard aside from XBA-4 which is not an ideal comparison (very different sound signatures). I suggest you PM Joker as he has heard the 4s which is very similar to the N4 based on his description.

Apr 13, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #32 of 182
The N4s are a clear step up from the W4 IMO. They sound clearer, more detailed and have a larger soundstage. The W4 sounds a little warm in comparison. 

Apr 13, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #33 of 182
I have had my N4 for a few days now. In a couple of weeks i will share impressions and also directly compare them to my Fitear F111.

I have an issue at the moment which is affecting my enjoyment of them. I can not get a comfortable and good seal.

Anyone else had problems with the seal ? The tips are either too small or much too big and really hurt my ears after a while whilst also sounding muffled. I hope i find a solution.

On the Fitear i can use a medium single flange and it is perfect but it just doesn't work on the N4. 

Apr 14, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #34 of 182
  I have had my N4 for a few days now. In a couple of weeks i will share impressions and also directly compare them to my Fitear F111.

I have an issue at the moment which is affecting my enjoyment of them. I can not get a comfortable and good seal.

Anyone else had problems with the seal ? The tips are either too small or much too big and really hurt my ears after a while whilst also sounding muffled. I hope i find a solution.

On the Fitear i can use a medium single flange and it is perfect but it just doesn't work on the N4. 

Have you tried it with ortofon tips - they give me the best fit and comfort out of the silicone tips I tried. 

Apr 14, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #35 of 182
  Have you tried it with ortofon tips - they give me the best fit and comfort out of the silicone tips I tried. 

Thanks for that. No i haven't but i think i will hunt some down.

Cheers

Apr 14, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #36 of 182
Apr 14, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #37 of 182
Hey thanks very much for that.

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #38 of 182
I've had a set of loaned N4s on hand this weekend.  Put a slightly modified set of Comply foam tips on them, and have used them with all the electronics I have on hand (MacBook Pro running Audirvana/Concero/iCan Nano; iPad Air/Herus; iPod Touch/Fostex HP-P1; and straight out of an iPhone 5; my Lynx Hilo is loaned out temporarily).

Short version: if I didn't own a set of UERMs, i would buy these in a heartbeat.  They are light, comfortable, and very well suited to my listening preferences.  I like things open, accurate, and uncolored, and the N4s deliver.

Only in comparison to the UERMs do these come up even a little bit short, in two areas.  First, on certain tracks (only a handful, out of everything I've listened to) they can be a little too bright.  Second, although string and brass timbres are spot-on, they're a little sketchy on certain woodwinds.  On the second movement of the Baltimore Symphony recording of the Dvorak "New World" Symphony, for example, the solo English horn in the initial statement of the main theme just doesn't sound right; it's too flute-y (in contrast, however, John Coltrane's soprano sax sounds just right on "Too Young to Go Steady," from Ballads).

If you're in the market for a universal IEM at this price point, make sure you hear these before you make a decision.

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #39 of 182
  The N4s are a clear step up from the W4 IMO. They sound clearer, more detailed and have a larger soundstage. The W4 sounds a little warm in comparison. 

i am intrigued , seeing that they can be purchased for the same price as the W4 

would you label them neutral/analytical ?

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #40 of 182

i am intrigued , seeing that they can be purchased for the same price as the W4 

would you label them neutral/analytical ?

To my ears they are borderline analytical...
Leaning more to neutral with a little bit of warmth.

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #41 of 182
I just pulled the trigger on these. It was either these or the Dx90 or X5. I figure by the time I order one of those players all of the early bugs in them will be sorted out. Hoping availability won't be a problem by then also.

Apr 28, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #42 of 182
Today i sat down to do some intent comparison listening between the FitEar F111 and the Noble N4. I have more to do but so far this is what i have found.

The N4 has very obviously better bass than the F111.  It is not dynamic driver type bass buy any means but of the two it has the best and by some margin. To be expected i guess with the dedicated drivers.

Now this part surprised me quite a bit. The F111 is noticeably clearer in the mid range. I was listening to the introductory section of a EDM album i have which features a lot of spoken voice with the music building in the background and in one section it begins to rain with thunder off in the distance. The voices are more easily heard on the Fitear, there is a greater sense of ambiance and space whilst using the Fit ear as well. Now i am not saying these difference are massive but they are quite easily noticed. When i listen to the F111 and swich the N4 sounds less detailed, when i reverse the order the F111 sounds thinner.

On the flip side, on the N4 the voices sounded a little fuller and when the thunder rolls in it sounds beefier and has more impact. The rain hitting the ground also sounds a little more realistic too.

I switched to a completely different style of music to check on these comparisons. With Eva Cassidy singing Golden Thread on the N4 sounded hmmm thicker i guess i would say but less detailed. The Fitear F111 sounded clearer more precise. It also sounds cleaner in the very high registers  Also,I can't be certain but it sounds to me like the N4 has a lift in the lower treble region.

With my Sudio V 3rd as a source the Fitear has a small amount of hiss (tiny and mostly not heard) whilst the N4 has none.

It is really interesting doing this since it apparent that i could quite easily prefer one IEM over the other dependent on the track being played. 

I was going to get rid of one or the other but now i am not sure i can. 

The next thing was to listen to some Jazz. I listened with the F111 fist and then switched to the N4. When i did this listening to John Coltrane's Blue train it was a slap in the face. It was instantly obvious that the Fitear has a enhanced or lifted midrange by comparison which would easily explain the differences i noted on the other tracks. Which is more correct ? I don't honestly know and after a few minutes spent with either to adjust i could quite easily enjoy either for hours on end.

The N4 is a quality product i am enjoying very much. 

Listening to Cassandra Wilson now, i prefer the N4 as her voice sounds fuller and huskier. Upright bass sounds quite a bit better than on the Fitear as well being much fuller.

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #43 of 182

Today i sat down to do some intent comparison listening between the FitEar F111 and the Noble N4. I have more to do but so far this is what i have found.

The N4 has very obviously better bass than the F111.  It is not dynamic driver type bass buy any means but of the two it has the best and by some margin. To be expected i guess with the dedicated drivers.

Now this part surprised me quite a bit. The F111 is noticeably clearer in the mid range. I was listening to the introductory section of a EDM album i have which features a lot of spoken voice with the music building in the background and in one section it begins to rain with thunder off in the distance. The voices are more easily heard on the Fitear, there is a greater sense of ambiance and space whilst using the Fit ear as well. Now i am not saying these difference are massive but they are quite easily noticed. When i listen to the F111 and swich the N4 sounds less detailed, when i reverse the order the F111 sounds thinner.

On the flip side, on the N4 the voices sounded a little fuller and when the thunder rolls in it sounds beefier and has more impact. The rain hitting the ground also sounds a little more realistic too.

I switched to a completely different style of music to check on these comparisons. With Eva Cassidy singing Golden Thread on the N4 sounded hmmm thicker i guess i would say but less detailed. The Fitear F111 sounded clearer more precise. It also sounds cleaner in the very high registers  Also,I can't be certain but it sounds to me like the N4 has a lift in the lower treble region.

With my Sudio V 3rd as a source the Fitear has a small amount of hiss (tiny and mostly not heard) whilst the N4 has none.

It is really interesting doing this since it apparent that i could quite easily prefer one IEM over the other dependent on the track being played. 

The next thing was to listen to some Jazz. I listened with the F111 fist and then switched to the N4. When i did this listening to John Coltrane's Blue train it was a slap in the face. It was instantly obvious that the Fitear has a enhanced or lifted midrange by comparison which would easily explain the differences i noted on the other tracks. Which is more correct ? I don't honestly know and after a few minutes spent with either to adjust i could quite easily enjoy either for hours on end.

Listening to Cassandra Wilson now, i prefer the N4 as her voice sounds fuller and huskier. Upright bass sounds quite a bit better than on the Fitear as well being much fuller.

Did you get the ortofon tips for the N4 coz they do boost the clarity IMO. Initially I had similar comments on the N4 in comparison to the er4s and I think that having the option to switch tips on the N4 to change the sound a bit in that regard might allow you to let go of the fitear and enjoy the N4 even more while having some money in your pocket 
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #44 of 182
  Did you get the ortofon tips for the N4 coz they do boost the clarity IMO. Initially I had similar comments on the N4 in comparison to the er4s and I think that having the option to switch tips on the N4 to change the sound a bit in that regard might allow you to let go of the fitear and enjoy the N4 even more while having some money in your pocket 
biggrin.gif

Hi, yes after your recommendation i did get some ortofon tips. For me they did not give me the best seal. In the end i modded some medium single flanges with a bit of foam to make the slightly larger and it worked a treat. Gives better isolation too. 

May 1, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #45 of 182

Thank you so much for this comparison, I've been looking in the net for the last week or so for a comparison between these two and I could find nothing.

I really wanted the fit ear but found it quite hard to find in stock. I stumbled across the Noble 4 thread by accident when looking into getting some heir 4ai. Anyway to cut a long story short I have pulled the trigger on the Noble4 and should get it next week. I'm coming from the Grado gr10 and Ortofon eq5 , I was looking for something a little thicker but without any midbass hump. I tried the stagediver 2 but found they had too much midbass, although the other frequencies were excellent as well as the soundstage and imaging. But alas the curse of the midbass hump. I hope the N4 is the answer. I'll post my impressions once I receive them. I'd still love to try the fitear though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back