Noble 3 IEM
Jul 11, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #91 of 110
I have done this with very small, very sharp scissors. I hate most memory cables.

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #93 of 110
Thread reviving time! Any measurements of this IEM at all? I'm worried about potential treble spikes. I'm fine with sibilance since I'll be using this for electronic but uneven frequency distribution is another thing, one which can make for a very uncomfortable listen.

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #97 of 110
Thanks for the reply. Anyone try the Trident for comparison?

Nope. I'm guessing it's similar with small tweaks. Noble 3 has some sibilance in some tracks for sure but with brain burn in, a good seal, and some quality audio files you'll be fine. I'm sibilance sensitive and didn't find any problems unless the volume was too high.

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #98 of 110
That's good to hear. Still, any treble spike will fatigue my ears regardless of volume. The SteelSeries In-Ear Flux Pro for example would've been a really nice warm/smooth IEM but it had a bit of a lower treble peak that somewhat ruined my listening experience. Same with the 10khz boost on the UM3X, at least with shallow insertion.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #99 of 110
That's good to hear. Still, any treble spike will fatigue my ears regardless of volume. The SteelSeries In-Ear Flux Pro for example would've been a really nice warm/smooth IEM but it had a bit of a lower treble peak that somewhat ruined my listening experience. Same with the 10khz boost on the UM3X, at least with shallow insertion.

Hrm. Someone else might be able to comment here. Noble 3 has a treble spike to my ears. I'd recommend ibasso IT03 but it has a smidge of sharpness up top too (in a good way, to my ears…but nonetheless it is there). Not sure where to recommend looking for the same sound signature without the spike. Lza4, perhaps.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #100 of 110
I find COMPLY tips work best on the 3s.... timbre is better, bass is fuller and they aren't harsh at all. I've tried spinfit, spiral dots etc and the best results are with comply tips that can be purchased at radio shack. Hope this helps

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #104 of 110
Oh man I would get the 4 in an instant if it had better bass extension (my other pet peeve aside from sibilance).

I don't think the bass is light on them at all. I've got 2 sets of baddy headphones and the 4's have bass when it's there. They are quite tip prone but if you get the seal right, you're in business. A revelation to me was getting replacement wires without the memory wire. Maybe I'm thick and didn't get it but the new wires definitely helped them fit in my ears better

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #105 of 110
I don't think the bass is light on them at all. I've got 2 sets of baddy headphones and the 4's have bass when it's there. They are quite tip prone but if you get the seal right, you're in business. A revelation to me was getting replacement wires without the memory wire. Maybe I'm thick and didn't get it but the new wires definitely helped them fit in my ears better

BASSY....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back