Noble 3 IEM
Sep 7, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #46 of 110
Perhaps I made a typo, but the Noble3Us aren't quite 3x the cost (RHA is $180-200, Noble 3U is $350, so about 1.5x the price). To clarify, I can tell you that the Noble's are significantly clearer than the RHA T10s, have less emphasized bass, isolate better, have more sparkly highs (probably what contributes to the superior clarity), and (for me personally) fit much better.

The price for the MA750 is from amazon spain, it is 100eur. But I still don't know what to do, It's good to know, ajs6269, that the wire on the 3U is very light.

I was also checking the EarWerkz Supra 2, which is 400eur (100 more than the Noble 3U). And while no one is talking about the 3U there are many fans of the Supra 2.

Thanks for the comments.

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #47 of 110
@ajs6269

No problem! Also, very interesting that you have both of those IEMs, how would you compare the 3Us to the 4Us?

@n0On3
Hi, I am thinking of buying this Noble Audio 3U (300eur). I currently have a Phonak Audeo 022 (was 100eur) and I was myself decided on the RHA MA750 (also 100eur) when I tried the B&W P5 (which are on-ear and cost 300eur) and I was so delighted with them that now I am not sure if the RHA MA750 will be enough.

I read this thread entirely and the two reviews posted in the product page here in head-fi, but I still can't make up my mind. If any one that has the Noble 3 and also used previous similar models and wants to give me a tip that would be greatly appreciated.

Luckily, the review from "WhatToChoose" includes a comparison with the RHA T10 but I don't get the idea that the Noble 3 are that much better than the T10, being 3x the cost. So I am a bit puzzled here.

btw, it's been 10 years since I last posted in this website. Thanks for keeping my profile alive
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry, my apologies, I thought you were talking about the T10s instead of the MA750s. Unfortunately, I can't provide any comparison to the Earwerkz Supra (I did some searching, and found http://www.head-fi.org/products/earwerkz-supra/reviews/12609, which you may have already seen).

Best of luck in your search!

Sep 9, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #48 of 110
Noble 3U's are as advertised - V-shaped and would be an excellent commuter headphone. The Noble 4U would be a better choice in an office or at home. Both are quite tip sensitive. I prefer the blue tips on the 4's and double flange on the 3's but I've had them for a year and I still can't decide which ones are the best. The 4's seem to have a wider soundstage but the 3's have a taller one if that makes sense.

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #49 of 110
I just thought I'd make a post regarding tips for these iems. I've tried the largest options that come with them, the Monster Supertips gel and foam and the Comply T-400's.

I can say that hands down, for me, the Comply T-400's result in much, much, much better isolation and response than any of the other tips.

It's not even close. Even with the largest Monster tip, which are comfortable and feel like they have a good seal, the bass response is only about 20% of what I get with the Complys.

Before judging the iems I definitely recommend trying them with the largest set of Comply T-400s you can comfortably wear.

They can be purchased on the big online retailer by searching "Comply T-400."

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #51 of 110
Thanks a lot everyone for putting up all this information about the Noble 3s. 
How are you still liking these IEMs?

I might snaffle one up in the upcoming Black Friday sale. I'm currently deliberating between the HE-400i or these.
Any thoughts or other crazy/better deals?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #52 of 110
I still love mine, the sound quality is fantastic. I use them 6-8 hours daily in an office settings.

If you're using them for an office/home/casual setting I couldn't recommend them more. However if you're using them on the street or while working out I do not have any experience with them in that setting.

Not sure if you're aware, but I believe Noble has a 15 day trial after your purchase. So I think if you did the Black Friday sale it'd be pretty low risk, you could ship them back if you don't like them.

My only real advice - play with a bunch of different tips to find your best fit. None of the tips they came with work for me.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #53 of 110
The use cases you recommend are exactly how I expect to use them.
My only real concern is someone over at the noble thread said they were pretty sibilant and sharp sounding. But the (two) reviews here suggest otherwise.

Another question I had is regarding the build quality, how are they holding up? Do they get scratched and bruised easily with use?

Thanks for your patience.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #54 of 110
  The use cases you recommend are exactly how I expect to use them.
My only real concern is someone over at the noble thread said they were pretty sibilant and sharp sounding. But the (two) reviews here suggest otherwise.

Another question I had is regarding the build quality, how are they holding up? Do they get scratched and bruised easily with use?

Thanks for your patience.

I don't have a trained ear, but I haven't noticed anything remotely sharp sounding. Everything sounds very detailed and balanced, with lots of "whoa" moments.

I'm listening through a Mac Book Pro and a Fiio DAC. I use VOX to listen to MP3s and tweak the EQ a bit to my liking. I like to enhance the V sound signature, but haven't found a need to adjust for any other reason.

No problems with build quality or scratching. The cable is braided and seems sturdy (also detachable). The iems themselves are very light, so I'm careful not to toss them around too much since they "feel" delicate. But, everything looks and sounds like new.

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #56 of 110
Checking in as a new owner of the Noble 3Us after taking advantage of the Black Friday sale. Packaging is first rate and the Pelican case is a nice touch. It's not the easiest to change tips, but after trying different sets I've settled on the medium reds. These are comfortable IEMs and I'm enjoying the sound. The 3's are tuned for my tastes. Source is an iMac/Dell XPS 13/iPhone 6S Plus feeding the Chord Mojo. I feel like I've found the final piece of the puzzle for my setup and now I can enjoy the music.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #57 of 110
  Checking in as a new owner of the Noble 3Us after taking advantage of the Black Friday sale. Packaging is first rate and the Pelican case is a nice touch. It's not the easiest to change tips, but after trying different sets I've settled on the medium reds. These are comfortable IEMs and I'm enjoying the sound. The 3's are tuned for my tastes. Source is an iMac/Dell XPS 13/iPhone 6S Plus feeding the Chord Mojo. I feel like I've found the final piece of the puzzle for my setup and now I can enjoy the music.

Glad you like them!

I'd recommend buying a pack of the Comply T-400's tips and giving them a try. You can get a pack that contains small/m/large tips for $16 online.

They might improve the sound even more for you, they certainly did for me.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #58 of 110

I like spin fits on my 4's and jvc spiral dots on my 3's...

Dec 7, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #59 of 110

That's great!
Any strong likes/dislikes?

I'm still waiting for mine since they went out of stock by the time I could order.

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #60 of 110
  That's great!
Any strong likes/dislikes?

I'm still waiting for mine since they went out of stock by the time I could order.

First, these IEMs are comfortable and easy to wear for hours. As far as the sound goes, I like how wide and open the sound stage is. Highs are clear (I mean extremely clear) and bass is tight. Describing the sound of anything can be a challenge, but I can say the 3s are engaging and effortless and makes me want to listen forever without fatigue. I've seen the 3s described as fun and I do think that's on the mark. By comparison I have Oppo PM-1s as headphones. While the PM-1s have more openness as it is a headphone, the 3s can hold its own. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back