No talk about video games or movies.
Apr 5, 2011 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Tigers Go GRRR

New Head-Fier
I dig music, movies and video games and I have roommates, so I need a headphone entertainment setup. I'd like to hear the best of the best quality sound.

I figure for the best audio I need:
A source (video game machine/computer)
A pre-amp (?)
A headphone amp like (Concerto/Leben)
Headphones like (LCD2/Senn 650)

The problem is, after reading a million threads, reviews and descriptions here, I've yet to read ANYTHING about how video games or movies sound with audiophile products. I also haven't seen any pre-amps here with HDMI ports or TruHD capability and stuff like that.

Does the lack of that stuff speak to a music-only focus here or are things like HDMI ports not really necessary? Seems like all the videogame/movie-focused headphone sites I go to just try to push lame gamer headphones and Monster's Dre Beats on me.

Also, do audiophile music benefits translate to video games and movies? Example: does good Soundstaging mean I'll hear good distance from a hooker's footsteps as she runs away screaming in Grand Theft Auto 4?

Apr 5, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 2
Yes, good headphones will make games and movies sound better. It's no secret that good headphones are usually used for music, but they can definitely enhance your gaming/movie/screaming hooker experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back