No stereo separation on my iPod Touch 4g !?!?!
Feb 3, 2011 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

luciobar1980

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, so out of curiosity, I compared the sound on my 4g to my Sansa Fuze, and noticed that songs that have clear l/r separation on the Fuze don't seem to separate on the 4g! I tried it with a few songs, and though I'm not 100% sure that they are the same exact recording, I doubt that the versions on the ipod are mono. Hmm, what gives?

Feb 4, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #2 of 8
Are your headphones plugged into the Touch all the way?
smile_phones.gif

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 8
Yup, used the same recording in both devices and there's definitely something wrong. Also tried the same recording on a friend's iPod and it sounds great. !*&%#! I just bought this thing like a month and a half ago!

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
smile_phones.gif

+1. If it's not the software setting, try a different set of headphones. Are you using a case? Doesn't take much to prevent the headphones from plugging in properly.

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #7 of 8
Oh my god! That was it! I never even went into that menu, how the heck did that get changed!?! Craxy. Thanks a lot, had a genius bar appointment all ready to go! :wink:

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #8 of 8
i have the same annoying problem, when i plug in my senn 280 i got only mono output (pushed all in), if i use the crappy ipod inears, i got stereo!
anyone else with that problem? with my touch 2g everything went fine with my senns..

Quote:
smile_phones.gif

Quote:
 +1. If it's not the software setting, try a different set of headphones. Are you using a case? Doesn't take much to prevent the headphones from plugging in properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back