No sound from right channel of HD 600
Apr 4, 2006 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

geforcewong

100+ Head-Fier
Well one day I started using my computer with the HD600 attached to it and I didn't get sound from the right channel. I'm not sure whether the driver is busted or the wire in the cable is broken. Right now I'm just using speakers cause I don't know if sennheiser covers this problem under their warranty and I'm scared they'll say "buy a new replacement cable, and if that doesn't work, give us a call" (I'm cheap). I bought them refurbished about a year ago from Amazon but don't have the receipt from when I purchased them. I also don't remember filling out one of those warranty cards a lot of tech products come with (didn't expect to have problems with them).

Apr 4, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 6
I guess I'll try that out when I get home. Hopefully a faulty cable will justify me spending $200 for a Equinox or someone's else's Grace Five Two ^_^.

Apr 4, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #4 of 6
I have money saying its the cable give Sennheiser a call and see what they can do for you. Its not like you have anything to lose.

Also, try and first remove the cable and swap the red and black connector. So that they are opposite sides. If your left ear now has no sounds its the cable and you can just buy a 650 cable for $11.03+ shipping from Sennheseir and your problems are gone (much better cable quality).

-Alex-

Apr 6, 2006 at 7:23 AM Post #5 of 6
Ok, I think the problem is with the cable because the sound comes on and off depending if I push or tug on the cable a certain way. I guess ill buy the HD 650 cable as a replacement and consider a $200 cable upgrade in the future when my source is better and I get an amp. Thanks for everyone's help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back