No Sound Coming Out of ATH-M50s?
Dec 16, 2011 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Crynix

New Head-Fier
Hello, I came home today and notice that no sound was being emitted from my ATH-M50s when they were plugged in and the volume was on. At first I thought it may be my laptop's fault, but I got the same result from my desktop and my portable audio device. Any idea of what could have happened? There doesn't appear to be any physical damage on the headphones. Unfortunately, I lost the mail in warranty card that came with the headphones so I'm not sure if they have a warranty. Any ideas?

Best regards,
Crynix

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 8
It's quite possibly you received a faulty pair of M50s. I'm going to assume that.

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 8
plug another can into both of those sources first. If they work, then well...your cans are beat. If you have no warranty, then take them apart and see what you can do.

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #6 of 8
Is there any visible damage at the cable joints (at the connector / at the base of the left speaker)? If not, the problem is most likely contained inside the faulty speaker itself (either a solder break or something more permanent).

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Is there any visible damage at the cable joints (at the connector / at the base of the left speaker)? If not, the problem is most likely contained inside the faulty speaker itself (either a solder break or something more permanent).

Yeah the most you can hope for is something like that in which you can get a friend or someone who knows how to fix up electronics to get back on.

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:

Nope, no visible damage at all.

Quote:
Yeah the most you can hope for is something like that in which you can get a friend or someone who knows how to fix up electronics to get back on.

Unfortunately I live in a very small town and, for everyone I know, I'm that guy that they come to fix electronics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back