No sound coming from my Chaintech AV-710
Jul 27, 2005 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ChannelLock

New Head-Fier
I'm using a CMoy amp connected to my HD-595's. I have the interconnect in the digital output, I have digital output enabled, but I'm getting no sound. I also have a Audigy 2 ZS installed, so maybe that could factor into it?

Jul 27, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 8
What player are you using? Have you selected the Chaintech as the default source for it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #3 of 8
If what Oink1 posted above doesnt work, goto Hardware Manager and disable the Audigy, restart the computer and try again. If it works you know where your problem is
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2005 at 10:04 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChannelLock
I'm using a CMoy amp connected to my HD-595's. I have the interconnect in the digital output, I have digital output enabled, but I'm getting no sound. I also have a Audigy 2 ZS installed, so maybe that could factor into it?

You have it plugged into the wrong output, you dont' use the digital out, use the analog outputs.

Read this guide on the chaintech
http://users.skynet.be/fa449939/The%...ch%20Guide.htm

Jul 28, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChannelLock

I agree with the replies which said you've plugged the cmoy amp into the wrong output. The cmoy has no built-in DAC at all; it accepts only analogue signals at its input.

Jul 28, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #8 of 8
The amp only accepts analog, yet this guy somehow managed to plug an optical cable into it? I doubt it...

Envy24 labels the two channel rear-output (black) as "digital output" despite it being, well, not. So maybe this is why he says digital. I also second the recommendation to check Windows sound device settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back