No so sorry about my wallet
Aug 17, 2006 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

osoucy

Head-Fier
Hi Guys

Everyone knows that once you subscribe to head-fi.org, you spend much more than you ever thought on headphones.
It has been true for me, but I'm not sorry about my wallet.

Yesterday, I purchased some HD 595 Red Magic edition for a little less than 200$ from another head-fier. Then I realised, damm... it's the same price that I paid for my BOSE Triport. Guess wich one is better... lol

I don't wanna bash about Triport. I do like them. They were my first pair of cans priced over 50$ and I used them a lot. The sound is much better than what I ever heard before I bought these, they are light, can be worn in an office without looking like princess Layla and soooo comfortable.

But yes, they are probably well over priced. If I went on head-fi before I bought them, I wouldn't pay 200$ CAD for them. I would probably have bought something else or tried to find them at a much cheaper price.

Anyway, my point is, yes we spend more money with head-fi.org, but the money is spent more wisely. I will never go again in an electronic store and pay full price for a pair of cans when I know that I can get a much better deal online or buy them used from a fellow head-fier.

Aug 17, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 5
Yes, we spend alot, but it's mostly spent fairly wisely. And headphones don't loose value all that much either.

Congrats on the Magic Red! Nice to see to who one of the Magic Reds that were resold went to. If you get trouble with your headphone, and for some reason Sennheiser won't directly honour warranty (possible since it was never sold outside of Europe), I will do so for 9 months from now, excluding shipping costs.

Aug 17, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 5
I understand how you don't want to bash the Bose, but let's just see how often you listen to them now that you have the Senns!
rs1smile.gif

BTW, nice avatar!

Aug 17, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 5
Like everything in life, quality don't come cheap. And with audio, you dont know better unless you heard better.

Same with my latest hobby, i could have and would have spent just £100 on a nasty cheap mountain bike if i never did my research. But it would've been heavy, and break within a year. Now i've done my research and ended up with a £1350 bike (i didn't pay this much
tongue.gif
), yes my wallet is empty but i am happier knowing it is not the £100 wasted, rather than the more money i spent on the better bike that i know will last me longer and give me more pleasure riding.

Aug 17, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
I understand how you don't want to bash the Bose, but let's just see how often you listen to them now that you have the Senns!
rs1smile.gif

BTW, nice avatar!

I'll probably use my BOSE around 15 hours / week. I brought them to my office at school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back