No one collected on the million dollar cable challenge...
Oct 22, 2020 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bigshot

Headphoneus Supremus
Oct 22, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #4 of 8
James Randi, a MacArthur award-winning magician who turned his formidable savvy to investigating claims of spoon bending, mind reading, fortunetelling, ghost whispering, water dowsing, faith healing, U.F.O. spotting and sundry varieties of bamboozlement, bunco, chicanery, flimflam, flummery, humbuggery, mountebankery, pettifoggery and out-and-out quacksalvery, as he quite often saw fit to call them, died on Tuesday at his home in Plantation, Fla. He was 92.

Well that's how to start an obituary :smile_phones:

Oct 22, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard of him before.
He was also a bit of a showman with a good sense of humour. For a while he had a show on TV where he invited people who claimed paranormal abilities to demonstrate it under controlled conditions. He was always respectful to the guests. Some of these shows have been uploaded on you tube and are a bit of a laugh.
RIP

Oct 22, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #6 of 8
He was also a bit of a showman with a good sense of humour. For a while he had a show on TV where he invited people who claimed paranormal abilities to demonstrate it under controlled conditions. He was always respectful to the guests. Some of these shows have been uploaded on you tube and are a bit of a laugh.
RIP

Thanks for that, after reading the article linked here, I watched a Ted talk of his. Found it very entertaining.

Oct 22, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #7 of 8
All those years of overdosing on homeopathy, helped him live up to 92. If that's not evidence that it works, what is?
I won't try to match what the NY times wrote, I think they did very well. He was a cool dude and I always felt some connection with his, dare I say, supernatural skepticism.

Oct 22, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #8 of 8
All those years of overdosing on homeopathy, helped him live up to 92. If that's not evidence that it works, what is?
I won't try to match what the NY times wrote, I think they did very well. He was a cool dude and I always felt some connection with his, dare I say, supernatural skepticism.

“Overdosing on homeopathy.”

Now that’s actually a pretty funny line. A paradox joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back