No more "mark this forum read"?
May 6, 2010 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ctemkin

100+ Head-Fier
The "mark forums read" button seems to mark all forums as read, which I do not find all that useful.  What happened to marking a single forum as read?

May 7, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 6
Agreed. I often have the time to read some of the forums and would like to mark only the ones I had read.

May 8, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #4 of 6
Ohh that's not very intuitive but I should of tried the hover over on the icon.
redface.gif

Thanks Jude!

May 19, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #5 of 6
I wanted to do this and I did figure out the above action, but I do not find it ideal.  It requires that you go "up one level" to the list of forums, which requires loading a whole new page, sometimes with a bit of a wait.
I have bookmarks for direct access to my favourite forums and would prefer to be able to "mark this forum read" from within the forum page.

I will experiment and see if I can save a bookmark with the hover code ".../forum.php?id=6&action=markforumread", to execute it.

May 19, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I wanted to do this and I did figure out the above action, but I do not find it ideal.  It requires that you go "up one level" to the list of forums, which requires loading a whole new page, sometimes with a bit of a wait.
I have bookmarks for direct access to my favourite forums and would prefer to be able to "mark this forum read" from within the forum page.

I will experiment and see if I can save a bookmark with the hover code ".../forum.php?id=6&action=markforumread", to execute it.

Well, that worked, although it left a blank page on the browser.  I saved a bookmark for a forum icon (with the green "unread" tick mark) to the Firefox button bar.  That certainly seems to send the correct command to the server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back