No More Inane Polls
Feb 22, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #106 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
i'm really having enough of this whole pretzel things guys. I promise to never mention the word again, a 1000 apologies, please pretend we ever started pretzels, it was a horrible and terrible thing and i swear i wont ever mention pretzels again.

pretzels.

No, the whole quote in general just sounds disrespectful. Not to mention it sounds a bit immature. I've probably said something like this before.. Like when I was in the 3rd grade..
rolleyes.gif

I'm not saying you were being disrespectful to the mods. It was just pointless to post that in the middle of the discussion that was going on. Why post if you can't add any substance to a topic? Unless you're specifically trying to piss someone off just by saying pretzels again.. But why would you want to do that??
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #107 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
it's because this place is a real sausage fest and people are afraid to admit it i guess ahahah.

just make eye contact, and don't look down.

Feb 22, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #108 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
No, the whole quote in general just sounds disrespectful. Not to mention it sounds a bit immature. I've probably said something like this before.. Like when I was in the 3rd grade..
rolleyes.gif

Listen man, i honsetly appreciate what your trying to say, and you definatley have issues with me, i can see that. Yet, why on earth do you need to phrase your comment like that?

In 3rd grade i might of learned 2 wrongs don't make a right. I was a damn good 3rd grader btw. I'm very proud of myself. Thanks for the explanation on when and how to post, duly noted.

Feb 22, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #109 of 178
I thought mjg was trying to lighten the mood a bit with some joking.
Sometimes a light hearted moment can change the direction of a thread for the better.
I see this time, it may have taken the thread for an ugly turn.

Lighten up people!!!!!!

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #110 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
Sometimes a light hearted moment can change the direction of a thread for the better.

Lighten up people!!!!!!

i'm going to just concede on this one and take a break. This place is just too "real" for me.

cya guys.

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #111 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
Listen man, i honsetly appreciate what your trying to say, and you definatley have issues with me, i can see that. Yet, why on earth do you need to phrase your comment like that?

Probably because your post really did come across like that.

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #112 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD

Lighten up people!!!!!!

Yeah, maybe so.. But it seemed very ill-timed.. Especially looking at some other threads about this pretzel deal..

And no, I don't have any issues with you. I'm here to have fun just like everyone else. But your comment seemed very out of place. Especially in a thread started by a moderator. Sort of seems like a slap in the face to me. I mean if the CEO of a large company passed down new rule of conduct for all the employees of that company I dare say someone in the company would immediately poke fun at the CEO just because they didn't like his rule.

Granted I know we aren't obliged to be here, and no ones job is at stake. Just seemed a little ill timed for the discussion at hand.

JD

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #113 of 178
BTW, why only inane polls... can we do something about inane threads as well? I mean the ones that have no topic of *any* importance, other than being a complete joke (these are very obvious, nobody would mistake them otherwise). Kills the signal to noise ratio around here.

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #115 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
BTW, why only inane polls... can we do something about inane threads as well? I mean the ones that have no topic of *any* importance, other than being a complete joke (these are very obvious, nobody would mistake them otherwise). Kills the signal to noise ratio around here.

What is with you and signal to noise ratio? Do you want Head-Fi to be nothing but people stating a narrow range of facts with no humor or entertainment value? I mean, what's with your constant condescending attitude toward others that I see all the time? And who's job is it to determine what's important and what isn't? It's awfully pretentious, that's for sure.

I'm sure you'll just plop me on your ignore list along with half the board, but try to think about what you are saying and the way you are stating it before you post things like this...

And to keep this (ir)relevant, more pretzels!
pretzels.jpg

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #116 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
What is with you and signal to noise ratio? Do you want Head-Fi to be nothing but people stating a narrow range of facts with no humor or entertainment value?

I see no (zero, none, nada, zilch) humor or entertainment value in the endless "pretzel" spams going on around here. Only a very small number of people do see value in them (countable on one hand), and obviously nobody can explain what's so funny about pretzels... because there's nothing.

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #117 of 178
Quote:

nobody can explain what's so funny about pretzels...

Ha! I told you he didn't get the joke
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #118 of 178
Quote:

I see no (zero, none, nada, zilch) humor or entertainment value in the endless "pretzel" spams going on around here. Only a very small number of people do see value in them (countable on one hand), and obviously nobody can explain what's so funny about pretzels... because there's nothing.

Oh please, just because you don't find something amusing doesn't that others don't, and you don't have to kill it for them just because of that.

Lighten up man, try relaxing and having a little fun. It is the members' lounge after all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #119 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameleon
Ha! I told you he didn't get the joke
tongue.gif

There's no joke to get, and this forum is filled with Beavis's/Buttheads, that much is certain.

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #120 of 178
Quote:

There's no joke to get, and this forum is filled with Beavis's/Buttheads, that much is certain.

It's a community, if you don't want to be a part of it then leave. This isn't your forum, it's Jude's, and just because you disagree with somebody and don't want to accept the opinions of other members doesn't mean you get to denounce them in every post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back