No different between "High-End" Equipment and Onboard audio?
Jan 3, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #2 of 9
Lol... "I gaurantee it'll sound the same or worse" (compared to onboard, with good headphones).

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 9
Wow it's funny that you post this, this showed up on my recommended videos a few days ago and I face palmed my way through most of it.

It's amateur hour (well amateur half hour.)

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #6 of 9
mostly common knowledge stuff

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 9
TL;DL - I only made it about 25% through the first video.

You have to put this into context. He's comparing typical onboard audio HW against the typical gamer soundcard HW - within the context of gaming. With that context, I tend to agree with the portion I heard. Anyone claiming a huge difference is probably mostly hearing a change in gain.

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #8 of 9
TL;DL - I only made it about 25% through the first video.

You have to put this into context. He's comparing typical onboard audio HW against the typical gamer soundcard HW - within the context of gaming. With that context, I tend to agree with the portion I heard. Anyone claiming a huge difference is probably mostly hearing a change in gain.

I agree with you but the massive generalizations he makes are not supportable at all imo.  

Jan 8, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #9 of 9
I died watching this video, more specifically the second one. He said FLAC makes absolutely no difference whatsoever, then proceeded to blind test it with Chiptune music. He recommended you up sample all your music to higher sample rates even though that makes absolutely no difference, the original audio is the same. Worst, he said Vinyl is 24 bit. That one made me laugh for hours. Worst of all, this guy is meant to build people's O2 amplifiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back