No Cost No Object Best Portable Amp
May 5, 2017 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay
My iBasso PB2 has died, I am in touch with iBasso to get a repair, but I might as well explore the option of upgrading, especially since they will be charging me for the repair

What would you guys Recommend, Ideally, I would prefer a balanced out put, I have almost all my full sized headphones terminated for 4pin XLR, and I have 2 4pinXLR to HiRose 6pin Adapters, a single and a dual adapter! My Pb2 had plenty of power and could power 2 headphones balanced out simultaneously without any issue

So I'd like more power if possible. I'm trying to find a Ray Samuels SR-71B or his F35, but I don't even know if he's in business any more,

I am open though to a SE amp as well, I've considered the HeadAmp Pico Power amoung others I'm only going to power my Dynamic Headphones with this, all of which are any where from 36-80 Ohms Impedance, and are sensitive

So I really need something very black and transparent WITH analog input. I saw the CEntrance Hifi M8 but it's only Digital In and I prefer to use my HM 901 as my DAP and Dac Line Out, so I'm really looking for a analog input portable amp, as transparent as they make it.

May 6, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #2 of 2
Honestly, I settled on the Head Amp Pico Power, it's got some nice reviews and people mention that it's pretty transparent

plus I don't think Head Amp is going any where, RSA doesn't leave me with much confidence if something happens, thankfully though Amazon had the PicoPower for only a smidge more. I'm not sure what kind of warranty I get with it, but I grabbed a 4 year extended through Assurant, they'll do a cash refund if necessary. An hopefully, this lasts longer than 4 years... my little iBasso Pb2 just hit it's 4 year mark this year so I figure one way or another, I'm not dealing with... failure to another portable with an at cost repair over sea's as my only fix!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back