No budget, don't know what to buy?!?
Oct 2, 2007 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Prozakk

Banned
First of all a little background: I got into audio via car audio. As I began to compete, I became more interested in quality over quantity (audiophile tendencies, I guess). I then got into home theater/audio. I bought the best sub available at the time, but it isn't enough bass for music (except rap). I like tons-o-bass, but not slop. One note bass is terrible. I have basically no budget limit. But if I saved some $, I wouldn't be against it. No really big deal, not the ultimate desciding factor for IEM's.

Second, what I listen to/on: I listen to classic rock, heavy metal, hair bands, new metal, old school rap, 80's pop. I have a 5.5G 80GB iPod, to be imodded in late November. I also plan on buying a Tomahawk amp and ALO dock cable (hopefully can find their largest cable for sale used since it's no longer on the ALO site). If not, I'm not sure on which of their cables to buy...?

The question is what to buy? Shure's best doesn't seem to have the sonic signiture I'd like from what I read (bass lacking). The Westone 2 would lack in the upper end for my tastes. The Westone 3 might not be out this year, and I don't want to wait once the money starts buring a hole in my wallet. So that leads me to what seems to be the only option....the UE 11Pro.

Opinions???
1zhelp.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #3 of 8
No budget I say go for the UE-11's. Can't go wrong with customs.

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 8
Yeah, with an unlimited budget, I'd go with the 11's, though I don't know how bass heavy they are. If you want a bud that focuses in on bass, *checks around to make sure the coast is clear* [size=xx-small]Bose[/size] always bothered me because of the concentration on bass. My brother loves bass and he loves his Bose earbuds.

Oct 2, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about if the Westone 3 comes out before '08? The 3 with custom earmolds vs. 11's?
confused.gif

You probably know this, but it's kind of difficult to give advice about an IEM that nobody's even heard yet. If I had no budget limitations, I'd go straight for the UE11, but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back