No Audio Through Dac/Amp
Jun 15, 2014 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

DanielMiracle

Head-Fier
I am using the Xonar DG with my Schiit Magni/Modi which connects to my HE400s. I have it set up like this so I can use dolby headphone as well as a dac/amp, but let's cut to the chase. Last night my headphones were working fine, but when I get on my computer today and go to watch netflix they aren't working. I have already confirmed it's not my headphones by using them with another device. I also have another set of headphones connected to my soundcard via a 3.5mm jack. So my soundcard is outputting audio, but idk if it's outputting a digital signal to my dac/amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Jun 15, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #2 of 11
  I am using the Xonar DG with my Schiit Magni/Modi which connects to my HE-400s. I have it set up like this so I can use Dolby Headphone as well as a dac/amp, but let's cut to the chase. Last night my headphones were working fine, but when I get on my computer today and go to watch Netflix they aren't working. I have already confirmed it's not my headphones by using them with another device. I also have another set of headphones connected to my sound card via a 3.5mm jack. So my sound card is outputting audio, but idk if it's outputting a digital signal to my dac/amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Hopefully you have disabled the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS.

Try installing the "Unified Xonar Drivers", clean install.
http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

Jun 15, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 11
What is your default play back device in Windows? If it is the analog out on your onboard audio chip you need to change it to the USB on your dac. (or coax or optical)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jun 15, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 11
What is your default play back device in Windows? If it is the analog out on your onboard audio chip you need to change it to the USB on your dac. (or coax or optical)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I set it to my sound card before, but I tried bypassing it and setting it as the "optical pass through device" (I believe that was what it was called) to use the dac/amp only, but that didn't work either.

Jun 15, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 11
  I set it to my sound card before, but I tried bypassing it and setting it as the "optical pass through device" (I believe that was what it was called) to use the dac/amp only, but that didn't work either.

Your play back device should be your Xonar DG.
Can you check Modi with any other device outputting optical (TV, DVD player, game console etc) ?

Jun 15, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #8 of 11

Is the optical output enabled (PCM?) in the Xonar DG's control panel?

Jun 15, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #9 of 11
See:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/788/~/change-ps3-audio-output-settings

It seems you should try with a plain CD on PS3.

I suppose you have checked that the interconnects from Modi to Magni are plugged properly.

You may first check the Magni from any analog source, including your Xonar DG I suppose

Jun 15, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #10 of 11

Maybe the Xonar DG is broken?

Does your motherboard come with optical output?
If so, remove the Xonar DG and Asus/Unified software.
Enable on-board audio in the BIOS.
Update to the latest drivers for on-board audio.
Test Modi/magni.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back