NJB3 & Ogg: 3rd party software? Hacked?
Aug 3, 2005 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JoshK

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, I haven't kept up with the portable arena. I still love my NJB3 despite not being tiny, which doesn't matter to me. I am thinking about modding it some but the real drawback I find it the software blows and it doesn't support Ogg.

Anyone know if there is any 3rd party software, hacks, plugins, etc that will 1) allow ogg usage and 2) allow interface use without having to use creative's crappy software? I'd also love to be able to connect my NJB3 directly to my linux file server without having to go to my windows box.

Much appreciated,
Josh

Aug 3, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #2 of 8
Ok, let me answer part of my own question.
blink.gif

For linux support, http://libnjb.sourceforge.net/

For file explorer drag 'n drop style interface under windows w/o using crappy software, Creative Nomad Explorer on creative's own site.

Now for the Ogg question, anyone? Someone has got to have done it by now.

Aug 3, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #6 of 8
Audiomorph converts a file from one format to another on the fly. The JB3 still only supports MP3 and WAV natively, but Audiomorph will transcode the files from Ogg and FLAC to MP3 or WAV depending on the settings you specify. That conversion process, done on the fly, takes quite a while. Better to batch-convert your Oggs using dbPowerAmp over a weekend or something.

Aug 3, 2005 at 3:24 PM Post #7 of 8
Oh well that sucks. That isn't what I need then, I want to keep them Ogg for SQ. I can already transcode with Foobar, but I don't want to do that.

Aug 3, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #8 of 8
Unfortunately no further updates seem to be forthcoming. Probably time to pick up a Karma and load it via Ethernet (s-l-o-w though). I'm not sure about the ins and outs of Linux loading so you may like to check out riovolution. Anything else which plays Ogg seems to be a retrograde step in terms of sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back