NJB3 firmware v1.30.08
Jan 6, 2003 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Gergor

1000+ Head-Fier
It was available on the Nomad web site about a week ago, but now it's not there anymore. I downloaded the program but haven't installed it yet. Does anyone know why this version is pulled?

Jan 6, 2003 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 8
creative decided to start charging for it?
very_evil_smiley.gif

of course this wouldn't be a first. maybe an mp3 player webpage of some kind might have some info on this?

Jan 6, 2003 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 8
I downloaded it and installed it in my machine - no problems. I have read on WWW.NOMADNESS.NET that there are some users who have experienced lock up problems with it though.

Unlike the SlimX, you cannot 'downgrade' these updates (I have not tried this - just read about it).

I think that this is a case of 'if it ain't bust - don't fix it'. I must admit that had I have known about the potential problems with it I don't think I would have upgraded. It's crazy that (if it's true) that you cannot 'downgrade' the firmware upgrades on the player.

Assuming you have the firmware upgrade which offers the user-alterable tone controls, there's nothing significant about the latest upgrade to really lube your tube over.

I hope this helps.

Jan 10, 2003 at 12:15 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Peddler
I think that this is a case of 'if it ain't bust - don't fix it'.

This is good advice. Unless you have a problem the upgrade will fix or there is a new feature you need, I would stay away from the patch. Believe me, Creative would not be the first company to put out a fix that introduced new problems.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back