NJ Summer Meet Impressions July 24th
Jul 26, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #32 of 57

Though I was in and out with work and failing AC at home I had a great time. Here are some pix
beyersmile.png

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #34 of 57
I had a great time at my 2nd ever canjam.  Last time, you folks forever broke my image of what headphones can aspire to
(particularly the meridian/RSA/sennheiser).

This year, I really enjoyed a lot of setups.  Nice musical sounds from
the dared amps with oppo DAC (i think with denons), red wine audio with stella DAC (phones?).

Didn't get a chance to listen to vinyl (me bad!) and I'm kicking myself now for that.

The PS audio DAC was interesting, and sounded nice on some of my stuff but confused me terriby
with all the sampling rate and filter options (I could easily change the sound so substantially that I could never
dial in the DAC sound)...lots of potential there and I had a nice time conversing about the DAC, the coming 'bridge',
filtering, UPNP servers and Mahler.

Once again, a very nice time.  Only disappointment was that I had been hoping to hear an Xstata amp......maybe
next time or maybe I'll have to cross the river and try to catch a NYC camjam someday.

Cheers (and thanks to the organizers!)

Jul 26, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #36 of 57
Cookies are for computers, 

Tiramisu was for the waistline. It was only $2.95!

Jul 26, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #37 of 57
Quote:
Funny post, Aaron - thanks for the morning chuckle! 
biggrin.gif

Thanks Jimmy.

My humor is an acquired taste that is only understood by the highly intellectual individual 
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 26, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #39 of 57
My friend got a barcode tatoo in the mid '90's. I told him to make sure it didn't have "666"
in it!

Jul 26, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #40 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker  
" My friend got a barcode tatoo in the mid '90's. I told him to make sure it didn't have "666" in it!"

Don't laugh but I was going to have that exact thing incorporated into a tattoo. LoL Along with morse code, binary code, Japanese, NSF, and 5-5-5 for all the Fibonacci fans. :)

Jul 27, 2010 at 8:09 AM Post #42 of 57
Wow, looks like a great meet, lots of crazy awesome gear :)

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #43 of 57
Thanks Larry & John for setting up the meet,Hanging with Headfi buddies  is always great,even in the heat.

Great pics .It was fun talking to members I never met before.

Some Impressions.

Asgard Nice sounding amp for the money but boy this thing gets hot especially if no load is plugged into it.

lcd 2   I am on the fence about buying this phone,easier to drive then the HE5le Or HE6(Must have a power amp with this phone)
The He5le is much more comfortable & i like the way they sound.
I tried the stock cable & the Alo cable on the LCD 2,The stock cable having a darker sound ,switching to the ALO cable  was like someone turned on the lights in a dimly lite room,For cable disbelievers if you can;t hear the differance between these  cables then you are deaf.
  I prefered the Alo cable by a long shot,The LCD2 just opened up.

T1  This phone seems to grow on me the more times I hear it especially with tube amps Woo5 & woo22 no slouches in the amp department,I actually prefer the T1 to the HD800 (which  I  really am not a big fan of).

Jul 27, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #44 of 57
Looks like a lot more gear than people... leads to a good meet.

Looks like fun guys..

Jul 28, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #45 of 57
Let me chime in on the thanks I have for Larry who makes these events happen in Jerz.
Larry YOU DA MAN!!!

I have 2 more pictures that got lost when I uploaded the others due to some curser disappearance isues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back