Nixon Wire 10mm
Dec 1, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #3 of 8
I bought a pair of the 8mm with the mic. First the mic/button acted like it was being pressed all the time, constantly pausing and playing the music. I gave them to my roommate. In the two weeks he's had them, one of the nixon logos fell off, and now apparently tapping on the wire causes the loss of sound on the right side. I don't even remember how they sounded like :x

Dec 1, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 8
I guess you must hate your roommate. I wouldn't be able to give him/her such a crappy product unless I did :p.
These sound like a nice gift for someone you don't like I guess.....

Or I'm coming to conclusions a bit too fast here.

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you must hate your roommate. I wouldn't be able to give him/her such a crappy product unless I did :p.
These sound like a nice gift for someone you don't like I guess.....

Or I'm coming to conclusions a bit too fast here.

Haha nah he's fine but the only thing wrong with him when I gave them to him was the problem with the button but he only used them on his pc and an old ipod so it didn't affect him until they fell apart.

Dec 2, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaLastShot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the two weeks he's had them, one of the nixon logos fell off, and now apparently tapping on the wire causes the loss of sound on the right side.

i have to say that i had the same problem of the back plastic falling off, but nothing a touch of superglue couldn't fix. I do get worried when designer companies bring out headphones though but the Nixon's i like.

the Nixon wire 8MM i thought were good, better than the CX's, but there again, i'm not a big fan of the CX range. I think they sound hideously muddy.

sorry about not posting pics here on head-fi, but i've loaded up a gallery of my Nixon wire's. it's 2:02 am and i'm off to bed hence the quick gallery upload.

fakeheadphones.com

Dec 2, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 32ndnote /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, it doesn't matter how they sound if there's no build quality! Thanks for the tips.

I never saw it as a major problem, like i said a touch of super glue and hey, all is right with the world again. but they sound better than the CX's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back