Nixon Headphones
Dec 23, 2008 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Shingetsu

100+ Head-Fier
So i was at Sun Diego today and saw a all 3 of these. Aesthetically they look really "hip" and "cool" but i lacked a source to test them out with and the store had nothing as well. Any one try any of these and get good results from them?

H008-hero-001.jpg

H005-hero-001.jpg

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #2 of 14
"Hip and cool?"

Whatever.

The name alone is a turn-off.

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 14
200 USD for the Circumaural, 100 USD for the Supra aural.

Nixon is just the brand, They make lots of watches and assesories as well. Usually well made, i've had a few of their watches.

They provide freq charts on their site as well but i would take them with a grain of salt.

Nixon Headphones

Edit: BTW those prices are what i saw in store, Im sure you can find them cheaper elsewhere.

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 14
"Aesthetically they look really "hip" and "cool""

Ya right - most UNcool and UNhip cans I've ever seen - think I saw these at WalMart in the bargain bin. Apparently when you listen for any length of time, there's an 18 minute gap between selections.

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #7 of 14
Optional accessories include the "Haldeman headband" and the "Ehrlichman earpiece."

I'm sure I can think up some others, but I'm laughing too hard.

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #8 of 14
I've said this before in another Nixon thread, they really do look damn good. I would love to hear impressions on them, but I do doubt they are anything good in terms of sound.

Dec 23, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #9 of 14
Hence the point of the thread. I just want to know if anyone has listened to these yet, and what their impressions were.

The looks are really just a bonus if they end up not sounding like crap.
I need a new pair of cheap work cans.

Dec 23, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #10 of 14
Maby you should be the first? They really look good

Dec 23, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #11 of 14
I can think of a hundred other headphones I'd buy if I had $100 or $200. It might be worth looking into these, but they're pretty pricey.

Mar 11, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #12 of 14
Sorry to necro this old thread, but I heard they have Audio-Technica drivers inside.

....Hmmm..... tempting to order these...

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #13 of 14
I was in frisco a few weeks ago at villians vault on haight they had these and the wesc headphones I had the chance to briefly play with the nixons the build is pretty nice the ear piece is the volume control u just turn it like a giant knob.

The band is metal and the ear pieces are a very cushiony sound isolating phone.

The the only thing I had on my iPhone to test music was magic- robin thicke and move- mims. It sounded pretty laid back almost blanketed... Pretty warm and smooth nothing like a grado sound to which im so acustomed to... and very bassy.

I can't stress enough tho how comfy and snug they felt on my head and the cable was really flimsy seemed really cheap for such a headphone

Mar 11, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #14 of 14
Hmmmm.... Now I'm fairly interested. Might be a nice pair of portable cans. As for the cable, not too worried about that detail. The D2000 supposedly has a sub-par cable but that doesn't stop them from being amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back