Nitrus 4gb Good Picture
Jan 20, 2004 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

ian

Lifting Meridians by their trays
There's a good picture of the Nitrus 4gb on Wired News (http://www.wired.com/news/digiwood/0...w=wn_tophead_3) (seen on Riovolution)...looks pretty good!

nitrus-final-silver_f.jpg

Jan 20, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 15
The new Nitrus seems to be much better looking than Rio's previous offerings, but the non-symmetrical shape might not be comfortable to hold. Will it come in an actual case or in the same cheap draw-string bag like the Karma?

Jan 20, 2004 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 15
IMO the orginal nitrus looks better, just spray paint the thumbstick black
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #7 of 15
i'll have to agree that the plain, shiny black on the existing 1.5 gigger looks better. but i've read somewhere that the Nitrus 2 gen looks even better, so i'll wait.

Jan 20, 2004 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 15
By now everyone should assume that anything successful from Apple will influence similiar products from other techology companies. Like it or not, it should be expected.

Jan 20, 2004 at 2:09 PM Post #10 of 15
I like the original (blank and red) because it matches my clothes and headphones
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

Jan 20, 2004 at 9:00 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by FrostyMMB
By now everyone should assume that anything successful from Apple will influence similiar products from other techology companies. Like it or not, it should be expected.

That's funny. Who was the first company using the small 1" hard drives (cornice, now hitachi)? Rio, last summer with the 1.5 GB Nitrus. The 4GB Nitrus was even announced before the iPod Mini's (by a few hours).

It doesn't look white, it looks silver. I think the idea was to reduce the fingerprints that showed up on the shiny black 1.5 gb Nitrus.

Jan 25, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #13 of 15
it doesn't really look anything like the ipod's white color... just like another color they made to differentiate between the 1.5 gig and the 4gig.

i dont really think they're copying apple's success with the color. i just think its similar so everyone assumes it was influenced by the apple.

Jan 26, 2004 at 12:47 AM Post #15 of 15
i asked about new firmware at riovolution.com forums and UK Rio Engineer said this:

"Yes, there is new firmware in the works, going ahead for several releases that add many features (including some UI improvements).

Bear with us, it will emerge - some of the changes are pretty big (bigger than the "small" tweaks that have been happening to Karma) so there is a much longer gestation period, so to speak."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back