Nismo Nissan GTR announced!
Nov 20, 2013 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

xkonfuzed

Headphoneus Supremus
Nissan recently announced their new Nismo edition GTR which apparently has 600hp and more torque than the original GTR. It's also lighter and handles better. Nissan claims it will do 0-60mph in 2 seconds flat which is astonishing.

They ran it on the Nurburgring track and it did 7:08 seconds which is the 4th fastest car ever tested. To give you and idea of how fast this thing is, the Koenigsegg CCXR, which was previously one of the worlds fastest cars, did it in 7:33, placing 33rd place overall.

Here's the top 100 cars around Nurburgring.
http://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times/lap-times-top-100/

And here is the Nismo GTR. Nissan says it will be on the market in the middle of 2014. Estimated price is around $120,000-170,000.

So what are your thoughts on this new Godzilla?

Nov 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #2 of 16
Honestly this car is really only praised for speed. I still would much rather have the koenigsegg just because of what it is...despite being the slower car. Plus, you arent really driving the gtr, the gtr is going to be driving you because of all the electronics they have crammed into the car. Good car but not the kind of car i would ever get.

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #3 of 16
Honestly this car is really only praised for speed. I still would much rather have the koenigsegg just because of what it is...despite being the slower car. Plus, you arent really driving the gtr, the gtr is going to be driving you because of all the electronics they have crammed into the car. Good car but not the kind of car i would ever get.

I understand. Many people complain that the GTR is too electronic and it requires little to no driving skills. They also claim that "it doesn't have a soul". I'd figure you're that kind of guy that would like a Vette (I'm also a zr1 fanboy btw), or a Shelby. No electronics, just pure American muscle.

Nov 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 16
If I had a choice between the GTR and the Skyline, it's gonna be the Skyline every time. 
The GTR looks like a mash-up 350z and Eclipse.

+

The Skyline is a badass who don't give a crap what people think. The GTR tries too hard to fit in with the cool kids, it has to have the new Jordans and the latest beats by dre. If the Skyline is the HE400 than the GTR would be the Yamaha PRO 500.

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #7 of 16
  Love the GT-R, it's my dream car! At $100k~ish it's 'somewhat' affordable, maybe even a steal considering what it does and how fast it does it. I drive an SE-R, I can dream though!

Mine too! Ever since i was a kid i was always a fan of Japanese cars (Supra, R34, NSX, Rx-7, 350z). I hope that one day in the future i'll own a GTR. 

If I had a choice between the GTR and the Skyline, it's gonna be the Skyline every time. 
The GTR looks like a mash-up 350z and Eclipse.

+

The Skyline is a badass who don't give a crap what people think. The GTR tries too hard to fit in with the cool kids, it has to have the new Jordans and the latest beats by dre. If the Skyline is the HE400 than the GTR would be the Yamaha PRO 500.

The Skyline sure looks better but the R35 is just that much faster. The Skyline has a mean look, almost as if ts going to kill you. I like that. The R35 looks friendlier with more aerodynamics. I love them both equally (the Skyline was my favorite childhood car) 
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #9 of 16
I hoped for the return of the big 3 super car and so far only the GTR has impressed me. The Toyota Supra looks like it's gonna be some hybrid turbo of some sort, and I don't like the look of it at all.

And the new Mazda RX7 looks like it will disappoint as well.
 However Yamamoto stressed that the new model wouldn’t quite follow the lead of the FD RX-7. Asked if the next-generation RX-7 will feature forced induction, Yamamoto replied “maybe not”.

At this time it has not been determined. Maybe later in life it will be turbo, but to start with maybe not

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #10 of 16
I hoped for the return of the big 3 super car and so far only the GTR has impressed me. The Toyota Supra looks like it's gonna be some hybrid turbo of some sort, and I don't like the look of it at all.

And the new Mazda RX7 looks like it will disappoint as well.

Wait, wasn't the GT86 the successor of the Supra?

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #15 of 16
Nissan's Z series is the king of drifting :D starting from the 240z all through the 370z . Theres tons of them here where i live, and whenever it rains, the drift show is on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back