Nintendo switch.. still worth it?
Jun 29, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #17 of 67
Hi. I always wanted to own Nintendo switch. I have ps4 with bunch of games like God of war or Witcher 3. Last few months im using this console rather occasionally. Its not about games .. its about me but i don't enjoy play this games so much. I'd rather to play some good games on the go.

Mobile gaming is not optional. I dont like clicker free to play games what are on android or ios.

I love my Switch and primarily use it portably. Yes, there have been rumors about a new Switch being released with enhanced hardware, but since Nintendo reported selling 800,000 units in a recent month, I believe, it may be awhile before we get a better version. You could always get a Lite for now.

Jun 29, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #19 of 67
I love my Switch and primarily use it portably. Yes, there have been rumors about a new Switch being released with enhanced hardware, but since Nintendo reported selling 800,000 units in a recent month, I believe, it may be awhile before we get a better version. You could always get a Lite for now.
Lite is cheaper and has better battery but cannot use tv mode. I rather buy older used switch from someone.

Jun 29, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #20 of 67
Never played super smash bros. Maybe its time to try it.
Oh it is insanely fun!. It's a game anyone can pick up instantly. Super easy to play but the gap between an average player and a really good player is extremely wide. If you enjoy a fun party game where you laugh upon a death than getting angry, Super smash bros is that game.

Jun 29, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #21 of 67
Jun 29, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #22 of 67
Lite is cheaper and has better battery but cannot use tv mode. I rather buy older used switch from someone.
I wouldn't buy used unless it's at a really good price with games as bonus. There's an upgraded version of switch that has improved batteries lifespan. 4.5 to 9 hours. Even longer than the lite model. The upgrade switch would have product serial number begins with “XKW”

If you buy used it's hard to know whether it's upgraded or not.

Jun 29, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #23 of 67
Yes, it's worth it. Love the versatility of playing on TV console or handheld.

Jul 5, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #24 of 67
I think switch is popular due to the kind of games they have in their library. It's not about flexing graphics hardware, but having a library of games that are engaging and worth playing.

I don't see any correlation between game creativity and better graphics. As graphics get better, the productions gets much larger and becomes hit or miss. As productions gets large, the way things are run becomes very corporate, and hinders originality and creativity. I prefer many many smaller groups of developers creating good engaging original games that differentiates themselves.

When graphics capability got better, it caused much greater emphasis on graphics and much resources for it. When graphics capability was minor, it was easy to focus on gameplay, and made sense to do so. Flashy graphics eats up a lot of development time for visuals that may or may not do anything for gameplay.

They dump crap tons of money and years of development into lots of crappy games these days.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #25 of 67
People just want flashy graphics, quick gaming and linear storyline these days.

Coming from someone who played the JRPG era of SNES/PS1/PS2/PS3 era. Nothing beats a good story + character development + engaging gameplay. Visual bad or not.

Jul 6, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #26 of 67
They must improve graphics because they need to ipmress much younger generations that are used to it. People who used to play games like pokemon on gameboy or old games on nes, atari, amiga dont need good graphics that much. They grow up on crappy graphics games and want gameplay instead. I prefer good gameplay and catchy game mechanics rather than impresive visuals.

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #27 of 67
They must improve graphics because they need to ipmress much younger generations that are used to it. People who used to play games like pokemon on gameboy or old games on nes, atari, amiga dont need good graphics that much. They grow up on crappy graphics games and want gameplay instead. I prefer good gameplay and catchy game mechanics rather than impresive visuals.
That is not true. They might think that way, but that is absolutely not true. Look at minecraft and some of those battle royale games.

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #29 of 67
This younger genration has too many options that includes video games. Social media, etc..

A lot of games that are popular these days are online games without the graphics being the flashiest.

This generation consumes media that are connected online than in the past.

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #30 of 67
The JRPG back in ps1 era was golden. My most hyped game of all time was ff15 but I've never played it and probably never will, The early concept was cool but the final product changed too much for my liking.
I recently tried FF15 and it showed me how sad gaming development has gotten.

10 years of development and it didn't have much to show for it. The concept was confusing and didn't make sense. Couldn't follow the narrative either. This is a prime example of a biggest waste of money/time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back