ninewave NW-STUDIO Series Headphones Now Available
Nov 4, 2011 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ninewave

Member of the Trade: Comradz/Ninewave

We're happy to announce that our NW-STUDIO Series Headphones are now available at Comradz Online Store

NW-Studio Pro In-Ear Headphones in Aluminum/Black

Designed in Japan, these headphones use patented technology that allow sound waves to realize their full resonance, providing you full-bodied sound without turning up the volume. Includes an extension cord, ¼” adapter, three sets of ear pads and a special carrying case.
Learn More / Product Specs

NW-Studio Pro Special Edition In-Ear Headphones in Aluminum/White

With a clean look and sleek white design, these headphones give your ears a sonic awakening unlike any other with the same natural, uncompromising sound of NW-Studio Pro.

NW-Studio In-Ear Headphones

The rich sound you’d expect from our NW-Studio Pro at a more economical price. Designed with same patented technology used in our higher-end Pro headphones, but constructed with more cost-conscious materials.

Nov 13, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi...

Looking at the technical specs on the NW-Studio In Ear and Studio pro that they are the same specs, based on this am I to understand that the only difference is the materials used in the headphone casing ? ... if that is so do they sound the same ?

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #4 of 6
In theory, casing will make a big difference for bass; earbuds' form-factor could use the help. Great earbuds, easily rival Yuins. I have tried the economical version of these headphones; amazing bass control.  You can feel acoustical mid-range tunes with these ( just the OK1 buds). These 9waves have an ever so slightly forward mids for those acoustics (Ok1 has forward mid's that emphasizes voices). No fatiguing highs with my consumer players like the Sansa Clip+. Was fatiguing with my HM-801 due to the high-step amp in it.

Nov 14, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 6
F900EX,

The technical audio specs are very similar but there are minor differences, a 13.4mm bore size on the driver of the Studio vs 13.5mm bore on the Pro. There are also slight differences in sound pressure level and weight but you'll notice that the difference is within the ± so they are quite close. So close are the specs in fact that our webmaster missed them on the first pass of the site. 

That said, the greater mass of the aluminum bodies definitely lends a gravitas to the sound quality that isn't measured by the specs as Infoseeker discusses above. The Studio sounds very good, while the Pro and Special Edition really do sound great!

Thanks for asking,
Comradz

Nov 14, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #6 of 6
Tyrael,

The Black Pro's include a small zippered travel pouch and 1/4" to 1/8" adapter that is not included with the White Pro's (Special Edition) which come in a plastic egg case.

I hope that helps,
Comradz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back