Nine Inch Nails (NIN) - The Gift (free download)
Jan 21, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #3 of 7
hopefully the bluray will have lossless audio and be available as more than just a download... i'd be willing to pay for disc+shipping but only if it has lossless audio

i'll probably grab the 720p download to play on my PS3 until then

Jan 21, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'll probably grab the 720p download to play on my PS3 until then

Worth it, I have a Bluray player on my laptop but I don't have a TV with HD/HDMI capabilities yet, when I do though this'll be the first thing on my list to get.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

BTW, I have the 720p download and it's really quite nice.

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #5 of 7
Well the audio rate of the MOV version seems to be 128 kbps. It's a shame for them to have encoded it as such a low rate when lossless audio would make butt all difference to HD video that's 8.7GB. Any machine that can handle video of that size can handle lossless audio.

Anyhow, I will ask around and see what they're doing for the Blu-Ray version in terms of audio. I'm not sure what the original files were at anyway, but I'd expect at least 16-bit 48 kHz.

Jan 22, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well the audio rate of the MOV version seems to be 128 kbps. It's a shame for them to have encoded it as such a low rate when lossless audio would make butt all difference to HD video that's 8.7GB. Any machine that can handle video of that size can handle lossless audio.

Anyhow, I will ask around and see what they're doing for the Blu-Ray version in terms of audio. I'm not sure what the original files were at anyway, but I'd expect at least 16-bit 48 kHz.

That's really a shame 128 kpbs for 1080p quality video and Trent really is one of the few big musicians that gives a damn about audio quality!

I hope that the blu-ray comes out with lossless audio it's really the minimum for a concert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back