Nine Inch Nails new album out
Mar 3, 2008 at 6:57 AM Post #17 of 98
Quote:

Good to hear. Are you downloading your flacs? How fast is the download going?

Not downloading them yet... I've only got a slow connection at home, and I know the servers are getting a hammering, so I'll probably wait a day or two before trying from work (the wait is of course killing me - I want to hear it now!).

Quote:

I'm going for the Limited Edition, but I honestly don't think any vinyl is worth that much of a jump in price.

Yeah, pretty steep but you get a couple more extras plus the exclusivity of a limited edition. I actually think I'll buy the 130 gram LPs when they're released to listen to on a regular basis. Might keep the 180s mint, or for more serious listening sessions. Anyway, I'm sure the price will jump much more when they're sold out... have you seen the prices for used NIN LPs lately? Sheesh.

Mar 3, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #18 of 98
Five dollars for high quality download of a 2-cd set. Now that is more like it. Apple, Amazon and all you other "forward-thinking" digital distribution mavens: Start pricing music like this online and I will buy it. Otherwise...well, you know....

Mar 3, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #19 of 98
I bought the Ultra-deluxe limited edition, the vinyls, the extra book, and the fact that it's autographed by Trent makes it worth while for me. Mr. Reznor really thought everything through with this release the 24/96 stereo blu-ray, the dvd with multi-track recordings so you can do remixes, and the two books that accompany the album.

Mar 3, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #20 of 98
Now I just gotta figure out how to rip 24/96 from a blu ray. I've ripped all my 24bit DVD-A's (NIN included). Someone will most likely figure it out soon.

Does anyone know if 24bit stereo blu ray music has ever been released or is this a first?

Mar 3, 2008 at 9:03 AM Post #21 of 98
did you guys audition the music before investing in the expensive packages? I downloaded the free Ghost 1 package and just got done listening to it. I'm am a major Trent/NIN fan and thought The Fragile was a contemporary masterpiece. But so far Ghost 1 is very pleasant to listen to and quite good, but feels a little undernourished.

Mar 3, 2008 at 9:25 AM Post #22 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did you guys audition the music before investing in the expensive packages? I downloaded the free Ghost 1 package and just got done listening to it. I'm am a major Trent/NIN fan and thought The Fragile was a contemporary masterpiece. But so far Ghost 1 is very pleasant to listen to and quite good, but feels a little undernourished.

Yeah, I thought about that, but to be honest it really doesn't bother me. I'm borderline completist, and I know it'd kill me down the track if I didn't order it knowing that I could! Like I said earlier, I'll probably buy the 130 gram version, plus the CDs when it gets local release just because that's what I'm like. I think I'm the only person I know who has all the NIN albums on CD and LP. Plus, I've supported Trent for so long, it feels good knowing that this one is for him and not a big label.

I'll take my chances!

Mar 3, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #23 of 98
I'm liking all of the "Listen Now" Tracks.

I'll support this, probably get the $10 version, we'll see though.

Sounds pretty good on the good old Thinkpad lappy straight to the ATH-A700's

Mar 3, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #24 of 98
gz76, it's a good thing you went for it. I bet they're selling fast, and as a collectible, absolutely worth it.

I just bought the five dollar download. But my download failed. Server dropped me. Problem is, it set up with a password to only allow one download, now I'm cut off and had to write customerservice for a new link or refund. I imagine they'll only have a million or so such problems to contend with. I guess I better not hold my breath for a remedy.

edit- oh what the hell. It's a bold project by NIN who I love. I bought the download from Amazon for another five bucks. Worked perfectly. I'll sell my five dollar copy directly from NIN for $4 to someone here!

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #25 of 98
I thought this is such a great idea, really neat packaging and being able to download the FLAC rip of the album when you order a $10 copy is excellent, now I dont have to wait for it to ship before I can listen to it.

I hope more bands can take cues from them, this could potentially stop dwindling sales, or at least attract people back to buy physical media.

Mar 3, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #26 of 98
this is awesome, just found out about this 10 minutes ago, listening to the preview tracks before I download them, so stoked for what is to come
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #27 of 98
The website is stuck in a loop for me. Every time I try to pay, it takes me back to the order options page. Argh, I want this already.

Mar 3, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #28 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by odoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The website is stuck in a loop for me. Every time I try to pay, it takes me back to the order options page. Argh, I want this already.

Yeah I ordered the 2 CD set, but the receipt shows my total and shipping in handling at $0.00??? When I ordered it showed it as $16.99 with the shipping and handling. I got sent the link for the downloads, but that has bugged out. Sent an email to their support.
confused.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #30 of 98
I just got my order through for the $10 package and I will get the FLACs in a bit, I really wanted the package with the vinyl in it but $300 is a lot to drop down right now.

I listened to the free tracks and they weren't too bad, they are not great but they are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back