Nine Inch Nails new album out
Mar 3, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #3 of 98
Excellent! I've been waiting patiently for some Reznor instrumental since 'The Fragile'. What's it like?

Is this an internet only thing or are the CDs available in music stores?

Holy Sh*%! He's releasing this high-res on blu ray disc, 24bit/96khz stereo. This has to be a first! Way to go Trent!

Mar 3, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 98
I'm loving it. Refreshingly well done.

By the way, the entire album is released under a Creative Commons license, so you can download it off Bittorrent legally without paying the $5. That's just to support the band and cover downloads directly off his site.

Another cool thing is the Blu-Ray disc has 24/96 versions of all the tracks.

Mar 3, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #5 of 98
I just noticed that each track has its own art attached. The image associated with track 7 has a pair of HD265s on it!
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #6 of 98
I neeeeeed the site to start working so I can pay my ten dollars, get my 36 tracks, and sign up to get the hard copies in the mail.

Radiohead and Trent Reznor are taking truly monumental steps with this kind of direct marketing. The music industry needs more of this and less of the big-money middlemen who are in it to get rich off the consumer at the artist's expense.

Mar 3, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #9 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodgy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another cool thing is the Blu-Ray disc has 24/96 versions of all the tracks.

Awesome isn't it
smily_headphones1.gif

Radiohead should take notice and follow suit with their next release.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #10 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmurray /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome isn't it
smily_headphones1.gif

Radiohead should take notice and follow suit with their next release.

Yea and I can't wait.

Legal site with mirrors:
[Download Legal] - NIN / Ghosts I « synthesiz

Oh and 50th post!!!~~!

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #12 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by megawzrd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
official site is hosed right now...can't wait to get my order through

Persistence pays off... I just ordered the Ultra-Deluxe Limited Edition package after quite a few tries. Of course, I wasn't going to chance waiting on a limited edition order. I'd suggest waiting if you're after one of the cheaper options tho - much less painful.

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #13 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Persistence pays off... I just ordered the Ultra-Deluxe Limited Edition package after quite a few tries. Of course, I wasn't going to chance waiting on a limited edition order. I'd suggest waiting if you're after one of the cheaper options tho - much less painful.

Good to hear. Are you downloading your flacs? How fast is the download going?

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #14 of 98
I'm going for the Limited Edition, but I honestly don't think any vinyl is worth that much of a jump in price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back