NIN High-Definition; Any takers?
Dec 13, 2004 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wrhawk

100+ Head-Fier
The Downward Spiral: SACD
The Downward Spiral: DVD-A

Additionally:
11-13-04.jpg

Looks like 'With Teeth' (Halo 19) is being mixed for surround and set for release sometime in the near future. Anyone have any experience with TDS in surround? At the moment i don't have the capabilities, but i wonder if this isn't where studio albums are going anyway. Thoughts?

Apr 9, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 8
The Dualdisc TDS on a DVD-A Player sounds absolutely amazing - well worth upgrading to DVD-A if you're a big fan! I really wish other artists would follow Trents' lead and release high res music. I'm looking foward to 'With Teeth' I'll let you know how it sounds when I get my hands on it.

Apr 9, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 8
I've heard it and it sounds pretty damn cool, TDS was a great album to remake in that format. As far as the SACD, it rocks! Sounds so close to vinyl its ridiculous. Definitely worth picking up! The suspense for With Teeth is killing me!

Apr 9, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 8
the Downward spiral sounds great on SACD. the remastering is a little strange, though, as i think they compressed the dynamics a little bit. other than that, definitely worth it.

Apr 9, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by greyghost
Sounds so close to vinyl its ridiculous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i think they compressed the dynamics a little bit

Very good descriptions - related perhaps?

I love the surround mix. It felt like a little symphony of destruction. Sorry Megadeth fans.

Apr 11, 2005 at 4:12 AM Post #6 of 8
I've been listening to 'The Fragile' a bit lately, man what a masterpiece!
If 'With Teeth' is anywhere near as good I'll be extremely happy. I really hope Trent is considering giving us the Fragile in high res surround sooner or later - the music would lend itself extremely well to high-res surround (or even stereo) IMO.

Apr 11, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbamc119
I've been listening to 'The Fragile' a bit lately, man what a masterpiece!

oh yes, it's an amazing piece, and one that i can only listen to all the way though, as i think it's really a concept piece that only gives the full picture with a full listen.
Quote:

If 'With Teeth' is anywhere near as good I'll be extremely happy. I really hope Trent is considering giving us the Fragile in high res surround sooner or later - the music would lend itself extremely well to high-res surround (or even stereo) IMO.

i hope it gets released in SACD or DVD-a, as well. if TDS benefited as much as it did from the hi-rez disc, imagine The Fragile!
basshead.gif

May 4, 2005 at 9:54 AM Post #8 of 8
Well 'with teeth' is out on DVD-A dualdisc now. Anyone heard it? I live in Australia so won't be getting my copy for a few days. I have a feeling it's going to be unbelievable in high res surround. I'll post my thoughts when I get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back