Nike buys Converse...
Jul 10, 2003 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
Anyone else a little sad about this? Back before Nike destroyed everyone, before the Reebock wars, before British Knights high point, before Vans made a couple come backs, before Keds lost it all, it was Converse. No, it wasn't just the Chuck Taylors. These were great shoes and they were the start of something.... well, that became something else. They were also my basketball shoes from elementary through high school.

Can't imagine them amounting to anything but a specialty "hip" shoe now (and probably have been for a bit). And the company has been borderline comatose for some time... and that marketplace. Oh well.

Love live Converse. It was good to know you.

Jul 10, 2003 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 10
Does that mean Converse aren't bobos
now?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2003 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 10
Too bad. I have always bought Converse, actually grew up with them. Watch, now Nike will certainly F@$k them up. Never did like Nike, their **** is just to "busy"

Jul 10, 2003 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 10
I like Chucks - especially for driving... And just because they are classics. One shouldn't tend to have sweaty feet, though, because with a bit older pair of Chucks you'll soon be in soaking hell, then...
wink.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jul 10, 2003 at 11:46 PM Post #10 of 10
nike's are the only shoes I've ever had that've stood up to my early years of playing soccer in the mud among other things... I had a pair of NewB's once. The sole starting falling off after a months usage - and I only used them for running!!
rolleyes.gif

I've never worn a comfortable converse shoe since there only is that one kind in Denmark with the flat sole and the white tip.. They seem to be pretty durable though..

I wonder what Nike's gonna do with converse??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back