Nike Air Jordan I black toes
Sep 15, 2004 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

warubozu

Headphoneus Supremus
I never thought I'd lived the day to see where Nike Air Jordan I Black Toes reach such an astronomical price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...323314578&rd=1

I had a pair when I was in intermediate school, sadly it was well used and ultimately ended up in the trash
frown.gif

Sep 15, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 16
also weird... why would the buyer "yaozorz" raise the bid from 500 to 15,100...

Sep 16, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #5 of 16
I had a pair of those in the day, but man 15K for a pair of freakin' basketball shoes!?! It would almost make sense if they were the ACTUAL shoes Jordan used in a game, with his signature.
blink.gif

Sep 16, 2004 at 3:32 AM Post #6 of 16
Yup, I knew 1st edition Air Jordans are worth big bucks and are highly sought after by collectors of kicks but to lay down a little over 15K for a pair that seem to be lightly used is a little bit over the top. The funny thing is that in the seller's description he had bought that particular pair at a yard sale.

Sep 16, 2004 at 4:08 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by GokieKS
Damn. I know better than to think of other people's collection hobbies as outrageous, but still...damn.

~KS

That's the autobid going, when somebody bids below your maximum price, you'll automatically outbid them. While the auction is still going though, you'll only see the automatic bidder being listed as putting in a bid. When the auction ends and they display all the bids you should see who put in the competing bid that the autobidder defeated.

EDIT: Seriously though, the auction has 6 days left and it's already this high and outrageous... something tells me this is going to be cancelled.

Sep 22, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
What happen with the auction? Last time I saw is $15000.00, now is only $695.00
confused.gif

Check out the bidding history and you'll find a bid cancelation and retraction list in that auction that's about a mile long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back