- Mar 17, 2011
The Niimbus US 8 and US8 + are the correspondive DACs to the US 4 / US 4+ headphone amps.
-both will feature a 3,2" IPS display guided menu with several options, which at the moment are:
- input information
- input selection
- resampling setting and information
- digital filter selection
- volume control motor speed via remote
- brightness level of the illumination / selection of the remote
Since this DAC will take a bit of time before it gets released the specs are early and NOT FINAL
- 32-bit resampling / reclocking feature with 150 dB THD and 180 dB dynamic range
- Clock source is the well known FEMTO-Clock with a phase-jitter as low as 90 x 10-15 sec.
- -2 x AK44XX per channel = 4 DA converters per channel
- sample rates over the USB input are up to 384 kHz, DSD signals are accepted up to DSD 256
- both DACs include the Femto level reclocking of the DAT RS05 and the 24bit resampling/reclocking method of the Violectric V850 has been upgraded to 32Bit.
- both DACs will feature 6 digital inputs: 1 x AES, 2 x Coax, 2 x Optical, 1 x USB
- DAC US8+ also features 3 analog inputs: 1 x XLR balanced, 2 x RCA
special US8+ features:
- the DAC US8+ also works as an analog preamp with the volume control in the analog domain
- the analog outputs can also be levelled by the well known pre-gain feature accessible from the back
- a “Direct Mode” shortens the analog output part to enhance the dynamic range and the volume control is back to 32bit digital