Nifty Foobar Tricks and Tips
Jan 31, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #16 of 21
This is for foobar users using the library.

To add new music to your library you don't have to rescan the whole library.

Use windows explorer or foobar's file operation dialog to move your files to your fooobar library monitored folder. Then just drag those files into a foobar playlist. Foobar will see that they're in your library folder but not in the current database and add them.

Jan 31, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFiRE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right click the album list, go into view, choose artist

Agh, I'm feeling embarrassed.
redface.gif

Thanks!

Jan 31, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by magicTesla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have any ideas what I can use instead...or how to tweak it so it functions well?

There is an Album list panel you could add to your columns ui layout.

http://yuo.be/columns.php

scroll down to where it says album list panel.

Jan 31, 2007 at 10:46 AM Post #19 of 21
Thanks for this thread - I've been meaning to post some simple tips (not tons of config coding) - I'm in the process of writing up a how-to and will post a link here when it's done. Getting a simple Columns ui setup is very helpful.

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

This is for all foobar users.

I like to have all my song titles follow proper English capitalization rules. The following will capitalize the first letter of all words except articles and prepositions unless they are the first or last word. This isn't perfect, but is the closest you can get to automating this sort of activity. This specifically affects your title tags, but could be adapted to be used on any tag.
  1. Select some songs from your playlist. These songs will have the capitalization change applied to them.
  2. right click select songs->tagging->manage scripts
  3. click clear
  4. click ok
  5. click add
  6. from the drop down menu select "format value from other fields"
  7. click ok
  8. under destination field name type TITLE
  9. under formatting pattern paste: Code:

Code:
    [left]$replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($caps2(%title%),' A ',' a '),' An ',' an '),' The ',' the '),' And ',' and '),' But ',' but '),' Or ',' or '),' Nor ',' nor '),' At ',' at '),' By ',' by '),' For ',' for '),' From ',' from '),' In ',' in '),' Into ',' into '),' Of ',' of '),' Off ',' off '),' On ',' on '),' Onto ',' onto '),' Out ',' out '),' Over ',' over '),' To ',' to '),' Up ',' up '),' With ',' with '),' As ',' as ')[/left]
  10. click ok
  11. under scripts type "fix case" or something like that
  12. click save
  13. click run

In the future you only need to follow these instructions:
  1. select the songs
  2. right click->tagging->scripts->"fix case" or whatever you type earlier

that was the most useful thing i have ever read about foo... no... not just foobar... ANY application ever.
thank you.

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

This is for all foobar users.

I like to have all my song titles follow proper English capitalization rules. The following will capitalize the first letter of all words except articles and prepositions unless they are the first or last word. This isn't perfect, but is the closest you can get to automating this sort of activity. This specifically affects your title tags, but could be adapted to be used on any tag.
  1. Select some songs from your playlist. These songs will have the capitalization change applied to them.
  2. right click select songs->tagging->manage scripts
  3. click clear
  4. click ok
  5. click add
  6. from the drop down menu select "format value from other fields"
  7. click ok
  8. under destination field name type TITLE
  9. under formatting pattern paste: Code:

Code:
    [left]$replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($replace($caps2(%title%),' A ',' a '),' An ',' an '),' The ',' the '),' And ',' and '),' But ',' but '),' Or ',' or '),' Nor ',' nor '),' At ',' at '),' By ',' by '),' For ',' for '),' From ',' from '),' In ',' in '),' Into ',' into '),' Of ',' of '),' Off ',' off '),' On ',' on '),' Onto ',' onto '),' Out ',' out '),' Over ',' over '),' To ',' to '),' Up ',' up '),' With ',' with '),' As ',' as ')[/left]
  10. click ok
  11. under scripts type "fix case" or something like that
  12. click save
  13. click run

In the future you only need to follow these instructions:
  1. select the songs
  2. right click->tagging->scripts->"fix case" or whatever you type earlier

hmmm it seems to capitalize prepositions even when they are the last word in a title with parenthesis for something like (feat. artist) such as
"Got My Mind Made up (Feat. Dat Nigga Daz, Kurupt, Method Man & Redman)"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back