Nice upgrade for iPod Touch 1G?
Oct 15, 2008 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ripperpil178

New Head-Fier
I'm currently using the iPod Touch 1G.... Decided to upgrade to something that sounds better...funner and livelier preferably. I'm looking at the Sony NWZ-S618F Walkman, Sansa Clip and the 2G iPod Touch. I listen to rock, acoustic, country and r&b mosty. I also like EQ'ing my music. I'm using SE530s btw.. Which one will sound better for me?

Oct 15, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #2 of 5
2G ipod touch is a good upgrade over the 1st gen one, which I found sounded rubbish.

The Sansa Clip is a very good option, and I'd wait for the 8GB one as it is a really fun little player with awesome sound quality that would go with your SE530s very well. I have a 2GB at the moment, and am contemplating buying the 8GB when its becomes available.

Another option would be the Cowon D2, or the upcoming O2.

How much do you want to spend? And welcome to head-fi. Sorry about your wallet.

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the responses guys! So I have narrowed down my choices to the Sony, The Sansa Clip and the D2(If it's available locally)... I also forgot to state that I use a mac... Are the Sansa Clip and D2 compatible with a mac?

@Chinkydelight
Hey, I'm from the Philippines too =)! Did you buy your D2 locally? If so, where can I find some? Thanks!

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:53 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ripperpil178 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the responses guys! So I have narrowed down my choices to the Sony, The Sansa Clip and the D2(If it's available locally)... I also forgot to state that I use a mac... Are the Sansa Clip and D2 compatible with a mac?

@Chinkydelight
Hey, I'm from the Philippines too =)! Did you buy your D2 locally? If so, where can I find some? Thanks!

oh your from the Philippines too? hehehe! Sadly, if you don't have someone in the States who could buy you the Cowon D2 or Sansa Clip then your much better off with either the iPod Touch 2nd gen or the Sony series (but goodluck in finding the highly praised a82* line). bought mine in the states (amazon). Good luck
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back