Nice reputable place to buy Cowon X5L
Jul 6, 2007 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

judas391

500+ Head-Fier
Well, I guess I just ahve to try the COWON X5L.
Anyone know a good reputable place/website in the US/Canada to buy this baby?

Jul 6, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #3 of 17
besides there, they only sell other cowon models

Jul 6, 2007 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 17
Amazon?

Jul 13, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #7 of 17
$290? That'll hurt.
OUT OF STOCK.

Jul 13, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #8 of 17
It's a shame they're phasing the X5 out for a flash player. Knowing what I know now, I would have paid $300 for mine and walked away happy.

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #10 of 17
I second Jetmall, that's direct from Cowon. I got mine from Newegg though.

I really hope the X7 blows the iPod/iMod out of the water or has an optical out...It would be awesome to use an external DAC with a Cowon product.

Then again my real dream would be an optical LOD for the Archos 605, with the Archos 605 hacked for FLAC and x264.

A guy can dream, eh?

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #12 of 17
I'm wondering if I should just wait for the x7. Even if the x5l does come back in stock it's expensive... but I like it because it has 35 hours battery life, good SQ headphone out, USB OTG, and most importantly has been successfully rockboxed.

Decisions, decisions....
confused.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by sayrum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x7?
the iaudio 7 is a flash dap with a maximum of 8 gb storage and the same style (controls, size, weight etc) as the iaudio 6.

the x7 (different than the 7) is the rumored successor to the x5. genMP3 said it will be revealed at the beginning of september in 40GB and 80GB capacities.
http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.4022

Jul 13, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm wondering if I should just wait for the x7. Even if the x5l does come back in stock it's expensive... but I like it because it has 35 hours battery life, good SQ headphone out, USB OTG, and most importantly has been successfully rockboxed.

Decisions, decisions....
confused.gif

Just to let you know, rockbox disables the USB OTG abilities of the X5. Battery life also drops to 18-20 hours. It's still well worth it for gapless playback though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the x7 (different than the 7) is the rumored successor to the x5. genMP3 said it will be revealed at the beginning of september in 40GB and 80GB capacities.
http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.4022

I wasn't aware of that. Good news if it's true. I was afraid Cowon was going the way of iRiver and start releasing just flash based players.

Jul 13, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to let you know, rockbox disables the USB OTG abilities of the X5. Battery life also drops to 18-20 hours. It's still well worth it for gapless playback though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah, but the x5 is capable of dual boot, therefore USB OTG is still possible just a little inconvenient. I thought the battery life problem had been fixed, I'll go look that up again. And I can't believe that iaudio still doesn't have gapless yet, these guys are usually on the ball and are quick to give their users what they want, even the ipod has gapless now.
mad.gif

Only two more months until the x7 is revealed (if there are no delays
rolleyes.gif
). I can wait that long... maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back