Nice piano?
Jul 23, 2003 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Multi

100+ Head-Fier
Any piano players out there?

My friends and I are each learning a piano
solo piece and I'm having trouble finding a piece that I would enjoy playing as well as something that sounds...well cool
wink.gif
. I started playing Canon in D but I just bring myself to like that song
smily_headphones1.gif

Well I'd just like to hear your favorite piano songs to play. Also if you have any song recommendations to CDs that have incredible piano in them I'd like to hear them too! Thanks!

Jul 24, 2003 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 5
My favorite piece of all to play is "Policinello" by Heitor Vila-Lobos, the famous Brazilian composer. If you're somewhat experienced, it's not too difficult to play with practice and very easy to memorize. Another attractive feature is that while it's four pages long in the edition I use, it takes less than a minute to play at full pace!

Jul 24, 2003 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 5
Wonderful! Thanks, I'll keep my eye out for that next time I go to the sheet music store. Speaking of which, anyone know of any sites that let you listen to the song for free (in mp3 or midi format) and then download the sheet music?

Jul 25, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by Multi
Wonderful! Thanks, I'll keep my eye out for that next time I go to the sheet music store. Speaking of which, anyone know of any sites that let you listen to the song for free (in mp3 or midi format) and then download the sheet music?

Try Amazon.com... sometimes they have those free MP3 samples before you buy an album. I haven't seen it for any classical music (unless you call Phillip Glass "classical"
rolleyes.gif
), but it's worth a shot. Their sheet-music selection is pitiful, though. And of course, check out your local library! It's probably easier simply to look for the two separately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back