nice earbuds
Oct 13, 2005 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

shleepy

100+ Head-Fier
I know, I know... "nice" and "earbuds" don't typically go together, but that is what I want. I know all my options as far as canal phones go, but I would actually prefer something more of an earbud.

So far, the only decent pair I've found are Audio-Technica ATH-CM7ti. They seem good and I read a head-fi review about em that was very positive. Can anyone tell me about these?

Without sacrificing much (or any) over-all sound quality (I'm an all-around music listener, leaning towards classic rock if I had to choose one genre), could I get anything cheaper? I've heard good and bad things about Sony MDR-E888LP's, but I'm not liking how they are often built very poorly. eBay has plenty of those, and some other online stores still offer em, as well.

Please let me know of your suggestions! I don't really want to discuss my logic for wanting buds and not in-ear canal earphones, but be safe knowing I have some. Thank you!

Oct 14, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 5
Sounds like you've done a search of the forums if not try that. Looks like the CM7ti is kind of the top dog for ear buds just looking at the reviews. Otherwise the Senn MX series for cheapo's. Plug types the MD33 and E888

I don't know that a lot of people have the CM7ti because there are so many other options at that price point. They may fit your need perfectly. If you do get them be sure and post your thoughts on them...

Good Luck!

Welcome and Sorry about your wallet!

Oct 14, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by shleepy
By "other options", do you mean for buds, or just for headphones in general?

Headphones & IEM's ~ $150 range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shleepy
What's the general opinion on the e888's?

I'm not much of a earbud fan. I haven't found anything that is said to sound better than the KSC-35's I have. "YMMV" I went for the ER6 instead of an earbud and it was still way under $100. If I had to have an Earbud and nothing else I would be looking at the CM7ti like you are.

Try the forum search it's your friend.
icon10.gif

Oct 14, 2005 at 8:49 AM Post #5 of 5
cm7 is much better than e888,in fact e888 is a low-level earbug in China.BUT CM7 is high-level earbud.cm7's midrange is very worthy.then you can try B&O A8,it is a good earbud too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back