Nice Clock Radio
Mar 13, 2003 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

grancasa

100+ Head-Fier
My parents need a nice clock radio for their bedroom. Must have clock, alarm, and radio.

I'm thinking of something like the items from Tivoli, both in terms of the look and the sound quality. Are there any items that might work?? Thanks.

Mar 13, 2003 at 8:17 AM Post #2 of 26
The Tivolis are amazing, but none have clocks
frown.gif

I was going to suggest the CSW Model 88, which is also excellent, but not as nice looking as the Tivolis (plastic, like most others). Unfortunately, it's been discontinued for a new model to be released soon. I'd hold out for that, as I'm sure it will be a great unit.

http://www.hifi.com/store/category.c...aud_radio_soon

I used to have a picture of the new models, but I can't find it anywhere.

Mar 13, 2003 at 12:51 PM Post #3 of 26
There was a CES thread a while back that linked to pics of the show. Tivoli had a clock radio, with analog clock & tuning dial and a top firing speaker in a wood cabinent. It was very nice. Don't know when (or if) it will be released.

Mar 13, 2003 at 5:35 PM Post #8 of 26
SWMBO and I have a Nakamichi stereo clock radio with modules on both sides of the "pleasure pit" that is old, must be discontinued, and continues to work great. It's AM/FM mono predecessor is a Proton that soldiers on nicely with great sound in the guest room. I believe the Proton is still available.

Mar 13, 2003 at 8:10 PM Post #10 of 26
I hate (and I mean really hate) to throw the "b" word out there, but to possibly help someone else I will. I'll admit to owning a bose wave radio. It is good for one thing and one thing only and that is as a bedroom clock radio. there is a sleep timer, a dimming light for the clock display, 2 alarms (which come on gradually), and the quality for talk radio and music for close up listening is acceptable. but again this is the only use I have for it. I got it as a gift so I cannot be accused of supporting bose so don't even go there. but if it were me, that tivoli looks extremely droolable!!!!

Mar 13, 2003 at 8:22 PM Post #11 of 26
herrington-catalog_1727_3784727

I don't believe the Model 3 is officially out yet. I myself want one of these bad boys.

Mar 13, 2003 at 9:06 PM Post #14 of 26
Wow, that Model Three is awesome! Although I don't understand how it can be $199. It's a Model One ($99) with a clock, and the Model Two (two enclosures, more features, stereo) is only $159. I would have expected the Model Three to be around $129.

Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
I hate (and I mean really hate) to throw the "b" word out there, but to possibly help someone else I will. I'll admit to owning a bose wave radio. It is good for one thing and one thing only and that is as a bedroom clock radio.

The Model 88 has almost the exact same feature set as the Bose Wave, but costs less than half the price, is built better, and sounds much better. If you can pick up an 88, it's simply a much better unit for much less money. I'm hoping the new model that replaces it will continue that trend.

(fyrfytrhoges, I'm not criticizing you; just hoping to steer people away from what I think is an inferior, overpriced product
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back