Nice CD player/changer for home system...
Feb 10, 2006 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

slick

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a nice CD player/changer for my home system. I have my whole CD collection ripped to my HTPC in WAV format and it sounds great when played through my receiver, but I don't always have my HTPC on and would like a decent CD player to handle music from when the HTPC is off.
A changer would be nice, 5 disc, $300 is what I would like to spend and I would buy used.
I really don't think I would benefit so much from an expensive unit, but I know you guys will probably have good suggestions for a more budget player.

Feb 10, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 8
Everything I've read says that the Sony SCDCE595 is a great buy (I've been scraping together some dough for one too as a matter of fact). At only 150-ish it's definetly within your price range. They are getting harder to find, though, as I believe Sony has discontinued it.

Feb 10, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 8
Found one on Audiogon.com, $95. Looks like a nice player and does SACD also which is nice (even though I only have one SACD, lol).

Any more suggestions?

BTW, what makes the SCDCE595 a great buy? Not questioning, just wondering what it is.

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #8 of 8
A number of places have it in the $120 range. Do a Froogle search and you'll find it. JandR and B&H among others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back