Nice Ad in Tone Audio!
Dec 31, 2005 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Aman

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey Todd,

I just wanted to tell you that I love the new advertisement you ran in Tone Audio Magazine (for those unfamiliar with it, it is an online audiophile periodical). I think that it's awfully clever, and uniquely uses the Atlantic label to its advantage
biggrin.gif
I was also shocked you found a record of such clean and perfect condition which you could use to do this ad!
tongue.gif

Overall, good work! But even after seeing this advertisement, I hear absolutely nothing when playing Stairway to Heaven backwards (Revoultion #9 is a different story
eek.gif
).

Cheers!
-Andrew

Dec 31, 2005 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 14
The layout is intense, and the wording is as cool as cool gets.

Dec 31, 2005 at 2:25 PM Post #5 of 14
Note that when you download that link it comes up in my browser URL window as TA_002.pdf..I changed that to TA_001.pdf and got the premire issue of Tone Mag...

Now you can have both issues of this mag.

Wonder if there is a 003 out yet?

Dec 31, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #7 of 14
Hi All:

ToneAudio 002 just came out, but we are on a ten issue schedule
for next year. The next issue (003) will be out between Jan 27 and Feb 2. If you go to our site and subscribe, you will get an email the second it is live.

We do not ask for any of your personal information, or require a user ID or password. Just your email address. You will then get a confirming email making sure you want to subscribe and that's it!!

Trust me, I post immediately after its up!

Thanks again for all your support!

Jeff Dorgay
Publisher
TONE-Audio

Jan 1, 2006 at 8:00 AM Post #8 of 14
Yeah that ad is great. But you don't hear the "My Sweet Satan" bit in Stairway to Heaven? I don't think it was in any way intentional (or manipulated by satanic forces as the christians would have you believe). Still kinda creepy.

Jan 1, 2006 at 12:42 PM Post #9 of 14
What a fantastic magazine!

I just spent a good couple of hours reading through it.

Excellent layout, great writing and stunning photographs!

Thank You!

Jan 2, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #10 of 14
Nice mag! Unfortunately they failed to provide the correct link for head-fi on page A6.

Jan 2, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #12 of 14
Nice ad, Todd. I'm thinking that Tone will really take off. It's something that we've been needing for a long time. Objective reviewers like Aaron and Steve Hoffman with no axes to grind!

Jan 3, 2006 at 11:10 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Sugano-san,
www.head-fi.org/forums is the correct link.

immitbaker,

That's precisely my point. The link provided on page A6 is not www.head-fi.org/forums. And it's not identical either to the other link you provided. That's what I find wrong. Why don't you?

Jan 3, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #14 of 14
OK. I was looking at the link on pages A5 in my bio and A48 in the intro to the article. On A6 it is missing the hyphen (typo).

At the very least it was mentioned 3 times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back