NHT upgrade?
Jan 30, 2005 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

RobertR

100+ Head-Fier
been listening more to the yamaha mini system in the family rm. than the maggies in the basement. I borrowed my sons nht model 1 and forgot how good these were especially with imaging. So at the local audio salon i heard the model sb3 and was very impressed altho I preferred the B&W in the mibrange but these would not fir the ent center besides they are ugly looking. The nht are a beautiful piano black just like the yamaha speakers.
Would appreciate feedback on the nht line.

Jan 31, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 9
I'll help you RobertR!
biggrin.gif
NHT two-way bookshelf speakers have been my favorite budget speaker for music well over a decade, detailed, tight linear bass, pinpoint accurate imaging, and gorgeous looking. Buy'em up!
tongue.gif

Jan 31, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #4 of 9
Make sure they're not too bright and fatiguing
tongue.gif

Jan 31, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 9
I have owned and loved my NHT Super Ones for several years. I was more than satisfied with them, and had no desire to upgrade, as I had never heard anything even remotely better within that price point. That was until last summer. I heard and bought the Epos ELS-3s and have not listened to the NHTs since, except to compare with the NHTs. Try to give them a listen before you commit to the NHTs, although they are both great. I can tell you more about either if you'd like.

G

Jan 31, 2005 at 10:49 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
Make sure they're not too bright and fatiguing
tongue.gif

Well, they certainly can be with the wrong associated equipment, and setup. But, system synergy is pretty much important for every speaker on the market.

Feb 1, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRESCENDOPOWER
Well, they certainly can be with the wrong associated equipment, and setup. But, system synergy is pretty much important for every speaker on the market.

I used one of their pro audio monitors with their dual mono poweramp and a tube pre. Oh well. They were good, I just moved on, 's all.

Feb 1, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #9 of 9
I had the SuperOne and I think it was a great speaker....it has something special in the midrange that compensates for its lack of bass response. All NHT are somewhat power-hungry when compared to their competition. But once they supplied with good power, they really do shine. I have never found them bright though.

A new series of the Super Audio speakers are coming out (announced at the recent CES in Las Vegas), so watch out for discounts on the SB1/SB2/SB3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back