nForce Soundstorm
Jun 2, 2004 at 3:23 PM Post #3 of 11
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...rce2/page7.asp

That pretty much sums it up.

But everyone here thinks Audigy 2 is crap so that should automatically make SoundStorm crap as well
biggrin.gif

I have SoundStorm and I think it's fine, not great but it doesn't sound bad.
My M-Audio Revo is clearly better though.

Jun 2, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
RMAA

thanks thats definately helpful! for something thats free, not too shabby!
icon10.gif

Haribo > look at the brightside, with the soundstorm, least you didn't pay for the crap!
lambda.gif

Jun 2, 2004 at 5:14 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ixeo
Haribo > look at the brightside, with the soundstorm, least you didn't pay for the crap!
lambda.gif

Well you do pay for it, but it's much much cheaper crap than the Audigy 2
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2004 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ixeo
1 more thing, how about the optical out? does it fare better?
*just asking since i read optical outs are indeed different between audio processors
eek.gif

My SoundStorm doesn't have an optical out, does yours have that?

Jun 2, 2004 at 11:47 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Haribo
My SoundStorm doesn't have an optical out, does yours have that?

If your motherboard really has soundstorm then it has to have some sort of digital output. Most have optical out, some have both coax and optical. Also remember that just because you have an Nforce2 motherboard doesn't mean it has implemented the soundstorm system.

Jun 3, 2004 at 12:25 AM Post #10 of 11
SoundStorm is only for digital-output, analog is handled by the onboard crap AC'97 CODEC (most of the time it's the Realtek ALC650, which is the cheapest surround CODEC out there).

Jun 3, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #11 of 11
Soundstorm usually includes SPDIF out, but I have seen some motherboard manufacturers leave the SPDIF out as an extra accessory bracket or media card. I had to separately order the optical SPDIF brackets for my MSI nForce 2 boards last year. When you buy an nForce motherboard, make sure the manufacturer includes everything in the package.

All of the nForce 2 boards I have tried sounds like crap. I recommend buying a better pci sound card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back