NFL Questions...
Apr 24, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #17 of 19
Detroit > everyone.

Quit laughing. That is all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #18 of 19
I wonder if consolidation in the NBA is less debatable. I really think Houston and Jacksonville and possibly another team needs to go. I have to reiterate this - there are no more than 18 (maybe 16) good QBs in the league ... but 32 teams. That is the definition of mediocrity - if the only consistently highly paid position is readily there then you are overpaying and overcompensation. It is kind of like the Big Man issue in the NBA - over 7 ft tall get a $40 MM contract.

Just my thoughts.

Apr 27, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #19 of 19
1. Should the league take back a couple of franchises - because there is too much mediocrity in the leagues?
Yes, there is a great deal of mediocrity in the leagues, but not as much as baseball I think (just look at the Royals). Perhaps they should just let more teams into the playoffs, like the NBA.

2. Who will be the #1 draft pick
You know I really haven't followed the draft much: 07 doesn't seem as exciting as last year (Leinhart, Vince Young, Cutler). Maybe that QB from LSU?

3. If so what teams should be done away with?
Although I know there are a lot of diehard Browns fan, I think the Cleveland Browns! Being from the west coast and not midwest, that team is rather insignificant, especially with their recent history of crappy team-chemistry.

4. Will Oakland ever return to greatness?
Yes, bring back Madden! Or at least Jeff Hofstadler (sp?)

5. Will Dallas win a playoff series any time soon?
Hard to tell, we'll see if Philipps can get the job done with Parcells departure. Let's see if Philipps can handle TO.

6. ...skipped..
7. Why are people so high on Bulger - they haven't won anything since Kurt Warner.
My old roommate was a huge Rams fan, even when they were in Los Angeles. He likes Bulger because he thinks of him as a "pure pocket passer," with a balanced skill set. Personally I think the Rams defense stinks enough for me not to care about their offense.

OK, So here are some more questions for ya'll football fans to ponder:

A. Which team will be the next "Minnesota Vikings (love-boat incident) / Tennessee Titans (Pacman jones suspension) team" with character issues?

B. Which team will rise like the Saints last year? Which team will fall?

C. Arizona Cardinals: a BOOM with Leinhart/Boldin/company or a "Dennis Green" BUST?

D. Is this Brett Favre's last year? Will he cry at the last game of this season?

E. Can the Indy Colts repeat? Will there a Manning Super Bowl (Eli vs. Peyton)?

F. When will Los Angeles get another football team? (As a Los Angeleno I'm hoping within the next 4 years! goshdarnit! and not a stinking team like the Rams/Raiders)

G. Michael Vick: awesome dual-use QB or Kordell Stewart wannabe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back