NFL Playoffs
Jan 11, 2009 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Jigglybootch

Headphoneus Supremus
I think everything was expecting the Titans/Ravens matchup to be a tight game, much like the last meeting. Unfortunately, Baltimore was on the winning side this time (I say that because, as a native of Parma, Ohio and a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan, I can't bring myself to cheer for the Ravens under any circumstances). It was still a good game. Turnovers and penalties really sunk the Titans, though.

I must say that I didn't think Arizona was going to win, let alone beat down Carolina. I was kind of disappointed to see the Panthers lose, but I wasn't really cheering for either team in particular during that game.

Jan 11, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 37
I am a hockey fan but do watch football during the playoffs. I think it is good to see Arizona in the hunt. They have been a poor team for so long their suffering fans have always deserved better. Coming from the Seattle area I still have a soft spot for the Seahawks. Seems like they always find a way to screw things up.

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 37
The Titans absolutely dominated the Ravens when they were on offense but they could never convert. I was cheering for the Ravens. I'm surprised that the Panthers were demolished by the Cardinals, but when considering Jake Delhomme's performance, they didn't really have much of a chance.

GO EAGLES.

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 37
Go Cardinals!!!

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #6 of 37
I would like to see Spock and Boldin to play next week. We have score to settle with the Eagles.

AZ is playing tough and next weeks matchup shall be in Glendale which is nice because ou birds do not have to migrate east and play in the cold. Plus In this economy, it is also wonderful hosting another playoff game.

Go Cardinals.

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #7 of 37
I can't believe what's going on in these playoffs. The regular season seems to be no guide to anything that's going to happen now. Perhaps the best teams right now are the Bengals and the Lions?!
o2smile.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #9 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe what's going on in these playoffs. The regular season seems to be no guide to anything that's going to happen now. Perhaps the best teams right now are the Bengals and the Lions?!
o2smile.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals ranked up there, because the Eagles tied them in the regular season
tongue.gif

Jan 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #14 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More than once during yesterday's game I thought Peyton was out there instead of Eli
tongue_smile.gif

Let's see if they choke in the cookie challenge against the Williams' sisters.

Hehe I don't know what you're talking about. Peyton Manning is a much better QB than Eli Manning. Eli can't even throw a spiral in the wind! And he's overrated because of the Giant's amazing run last year. Everyone seems to forget that Peyton also won a Super Bowl.

Jan 12, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #15 of 37
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Eli is nowhere near as good as Peyton. Period. And he never will be. Not saying that he's terrible or anything, but he's not the second coming of Peyton Manning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back