NFL Playoffs has begun.
Jan 28, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #91 of 102
Sometimes i feel like Football in rigged for people to win money. Remember when the Pats went to the SB with a perfect record, EVERYONE had money pouring into them, now imagine if someone put money on the Giants, they'd be winning a sh!tload of money. idk, all i know is the 3 main sports in the U.S nfl, mlb, nhl, all seem pretty shady.

Jan 29, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #93 of 102
Only a fool would deny a shady aspect to what happens at Vegas. As for the contests themselves, I think they are straight up. There is too much legitimate money now for the players and staffs to jepordize that. The Pats SB was a classic case for hedge gambling, and an example of one cardinal rule of sports betting: the public is usually wrong, so put your jack opposite of where the line has moved. Even then, so called experts (the guys with the phone numbers) can barely scrape 60% against the spread, on a good year. It's tough to make money against Vegas minus the juice. They're very good at what they do.

The last spread I saw was Indy (-5.5). I'm not a gambling man but would take the points if I were. Colts are a trendy pick, and as I inferred, it's usually smart to pick against the trend.

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #94 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^you think the nhl is higher up than the nba???

I hate the NBA.

Jan 29, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #95 of 102
Whoever gets to the quarterback will win this contest. And the Saints handled Minnesota's front four pretty good. And Minnesota's front four was the best in football this year. And Brees will pick apart Indy's young corners. And the city of New Orleans really needs this.

Not that I'm making a prediction or anything
popcorn.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #97 of 102
Yeah, that is kind of my sticking point as well. Mr. television is just so damn good! As long as the Colts play solid enough D, you just kind of feel 18 and his toys will get things done on the other side.

I like Colts by less than six in a 35 - 31 type of game, That of course means the Saints will win in a defensive slugfest.
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #100 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoever gets to the quarterback will win this contest. And the Saints handled Minnesota's front four pretty good. And Minnesota's front four was the best in football this year. And Brees will pick apart Indy's young corners. And the city of New Orleans really needs this.

Not that I'm making a prediction or anything
popcorn.gif

I'm pulling for the Saints on this one, too.

BTW, I love your handle! Stranger FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back