NFB 15 dac/amp/preamp and bose qc25 will they work together without the qc25 breaking?
Jan 11, 2016 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Matthew720

New Head-Fier
I can't find the specs for the qc25.

NFB 15 specs
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN_Specs.htm
3500mW/25 ohm 
1800mW/50 ohm
900mW/100 ohm
300mW/300 ohm
150mW/600 ohm

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew720 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use then for traveling mostly and sometimes it gets loud at my place so i would like to use then if i can?

If it gets loud at your place then just rely on the ANC - the power off the NFB-15 is pointless for that. First off, you shouldn't really rely on power and output levels to overcome the noise floor since that's a recipe for hearing damage; second, since the Bose was designed to take low voltage line level outputs, chances are its amp has high gain, and the NFB-15 might not even get past the channel imbalance range on its potentiometer.

Now, if the QC25 works in such a way that it can bypass its amp circuit (like how some wireless headphones work when in wired mode), then your problem is that the drivers might still be sensitive enough that you can get the same problem with channel imbalance, on top of which is that even if that does work, chances are the signal might also bypass the ANC circuit, rendering it pointless to even use an ANC headphone in that noisy environment.

What I would rather do is just hook up the QC25 directly to the 3.5mm jack on your computer when it's too noisy, and just manually select that instead of the NFB-15 on the Sound Device Manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back