Nexus S + Voodoo Control
Apr 27, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #16 of 18
thanks! Having some time today, decided to mess about with 4.0.4. Shouldn't have done it. My old Apex rom 4.0.3 (which already had the matr1x kernel installed) was working fine somewhat, but I decided to upgrade to CM9 4.0.4 with Matr1x 18.5 kernel. Moral of the story? Better make sure windoze recognize the phone. Did a complete wipe of the phone and windows xp sp3 couldn;t recognize it. Spent at least 3 hours reading the various fora... decided to d/l and install ubuntu. Worked like a charm. 2nd moral of the story: make sure you have a *nix environment ready somewhere.

Having tried voodoo with my old rom, there is sufficient improvement over the sound. Before voodoo, all my tracks were somewhat muddy (through my grado sr 80 and panasonics). After voodoo, it cleared up most magnificently!
gs1000.gif

Apr 27, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #17 of 18
i wasted many many hours yesterday playing around with different roms and trying to unbrick my phone.....very sad, but i finally got it working.  super happy with the results and usb dock sound :D

the 5db amp that Voodoo provides is quite nice--a little distortion sometimes if you use all 5db, but honestly they drive my dt880 and TF10 pretty much as well as my new E17 (E17 is way more refined though--can really boost it without distortion).  I think Voodoo gives my TF10 more soundstage..

I think I could be completely satisfied with just a galaxy s + voodoo... once my cowon J3 arrives, I might be axing one or two parts of my setup :O

Oct 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #18 of 18
Hi kwudude!

Please, please, can you make a little tutorial of how you made the mod:

Android, however, is for customization. I rooted, flashed with a Voodoo-enabled Kernel, and installed Voodoo Control. 
Voodoo control sets the analog gain/loss on the internal Wolfson DAC (which is pretty much the best cell-phone DAC unit out there right now). 
Minimum volume problem? Solved. Hissing/low quality? More than solved.

If you prefer to email me, it is gdarker@gmail.com

Thank you so much for your help, really [size=10pt]appreciated[/size].

Leo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back