Nexus One
Jan 18, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #16 of 26
I'm waiting for the phone... I could go through a proxy or buy from someone who's selling in auction, but I'm inclined to wait for a local release, because what I heard is apparently if you're in a country where it's not officially sold, HTC will not handle repair/warranty, it's got to go back to its country of origin.

And nope... none of my US friends are willing to help out, does that say something about me?
tongue_smile.gif

Granted most things never break, but going through so much is a bit much and tends to eat up most of the phone's price advantage.

Anyway... I'm depressed and confused over this thing :p~

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAndre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it lack bass or hiss too much??

What headphones do you use?

The N1 is actually quieter than my Zune HD via my Fiio E5 > Head-direct RE2 setup. Like the Zune, you have to turn it up to ear bleeding volumes to hear hiss.

The bass response is roughly flat as it should be. I ran RMAA on both devices but the input on my SB X-Fi Titanium must be about as worthless as its drivers as the results were terrible.

Don't get me wrong- the N1 does not sound bad. It's just not as good as my Zune.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does it have decent syncing software to sync with outlook?

(yeah yeah i know it syncs with gcal)

I don't know of any software for direct syncing w/ Outlook. I run Google Calendar Sync which keeps my Google and Outlook calendars in sync both ways and the N1 syncs to the Google calendar. I've experienced no problems with this arrangement.

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by righteousball /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting for the phone... I could go through a proxy or buy from someone who's selling in auction, but I'm inclined to wait for a local release, because what I heard is apparently if you're in a country where it's not officially sold, HTC will not handle repair/warranty, it's got to go back to its country of origin.

I'd wait. My N1 actually has a defective vibrate motor and an advance warranty replacement is already on its way. I'd hate to be stuck in this situation without that service.

HTC's phone support is very good- I was directly connected to a rep within a couple of seconds of hitting "3" for warranty repair. No hold, no transfers, no BS.

Jan 18, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by righteousball /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And nope... none of my US friends are willing to help out, does that say something about me?
tongue_smile.gif

Granted most things never break, but going through so much is a bit much and tends to eat up most of the phone's price advantage.

Anyway... I'm depressed and confused over this thing :p~

i was hoping to get this phone but it seems not as good as the hype, think i may get htcs own version or somethung else

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #19 of 26
I get mine tomorrow!
smily_headphones1.gif

I used a proxy to order, with my local(Israel) credit card, to a hotel where someone was staying, who bought it back. Another friend just picked it up from him, who I'll see tom... It's done its rounds :p

Hopefully I'll get around to some sound checks soon.. but I just started exams ;( hopefully I'll even get around to studying
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #20 of 26
Mar 4, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #23 of 26
I listened to Droid carefully. It hisses like 70s radio (on triple.fis) and channel separation is bad, overall very disappointing.

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #24 of 26
I've had my nexus one for about a week (didn't discover they got around to launching it for ATT until 3 weeks ago) and I'm very happy with the sound quality when playing music.

My headphones are nothing uber, Klipsch S4's, but music is very enjoyable. I'm an emotional music listener, and while I might know a thing or two about how music works, it's all about how it makes me FEEL while listening to it.

Godflesh is one of my favorite bands, most of their albums are very much focused on down-tuned guitars, so the raw visceral vibration is definately something you will miss if you like this music and your source can't put it out.

It actually sounds AMAZING, especially for guitars. There is a certain crunchiness in the sound that really brings out how guitar string sounds can be layered. It's extremely enjoyable and I was so happy when I discovered I liked the sound quality as much as I did.

I've also been listening to a lot of Blues and Electronic music lately, and it's equally satisfying.

Most people would be disappointed to learn the built in music player for android does not have an Equalizer, and I've only found one that does, (and not a very good one, since even though it has a very adjustable frequency band, it does not support presets or even saved eq configurations the last time I checked) but seriously I have never been listening to a song and thought, "this would sound better if I could tweak the EQ just a teeny little bit."

I put the headphones in, hit play, and it's a great listening experience.

Ipod style headphones that have the inline mic remotes work with the Nexus, so I naturally wish I could have bought the Klipsch S4i's, but they are not sold in retail stores here, only available online. I will buy them eventually, because having to pull the phone out of my pocket to change to the next track gets old very quickly.

So far the best Android music player I've found has been MixZing, and no, it does not have an equalizer, but for all of the great features it has, it's been wonderful. Being able to pause, see album art, and hit back or next even when the screen is locked, or via a homescreen widget has been very nice.

In short, music quality on a Nexus is a very enjoyable thing. Strangely enough, my only complaint about sound on this phone is the earpiece for a phone call really needs to be louder. This is a "sweet spot" style speaker, and even in the sweet spot it just doesn't get loud enough. The people I call though, think I'm on a land phone, the noise cancellation microphone is that good.

May 8, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #25 of 26
May 28, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #26 of 26

Quote:
Congratulations with the purchase!

How is the sound quality????

As compared to other htc phones N1 in terms of sound quality is not great enough but music quality is best with headsets
happy_face1.gif
on it and speakers really sucks, even equilizers cant manage to control deteriorated music quality. This is not jst only a single minus point of Nexus one but has many other cons related to it like samsung google nexus S as compared to htc's Nexus One is much better as it had lots of screen problem which was very annoying but the touchscreen on the NS blew the N1 away so no more screen resetting every 5 mins and the buttons are well responsive and no more finger smudges or finger impressions could be visible, its mainly coz a sort of anti-smudge coating that keeps it clean from finger impressions. Even installing new apps on N1 needed to manage memory space as frequently low space alert was an annoying problem. But as compared to N1, Samsung Google Nexus S is obviously much more vibrant and recently a new version of NS ie Nexus S 4G is gonna launch soon and hope it will replace even N1 and NS.
regular_smile%20.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back